FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

WoW login error 104 when using ISBoxer; no error without

Moderator: MiRai

<<

oktab

Post Fri Nov 15, 2013 1:31 am

WoW login error 104 when using ISBoxer; no error without

Hey there! I've been trying to get setup with a free trial version of ISBoxer for the past several hours - it looks awesome so far, but I haven't been able to actually log in to the game yet.

I'm aware of disabling the keymapping for typing your password and needing different authenticator codes for each WoW subaccount under a battle.net account...

I currently have the new battle.net launcher beta installed, not entirely sure if that has any isses with ISBoxer or InnerSpace (I've also tried patching to the InnerSpace development build) - I just get an error 104 every single time I try to login through ISBoxer after entering the authenicator code - no problems logging in through the bnet launcher or the WoW exe.

I've tried disabling my firewall temporarily, removing the authenicator from the account, trying a different authenticator, creating virtual WTF files for the characters.

I been searching around the boards and online for hours trying to find a fix - I've seen a few other instances of this issue come up (or slightly similar issues), but I haven't been able to find a clear solution.

I think it may still have something to do with a firewall - or perhaps port forwarding? /shrug

Any assistance and/or additional information would be greatly appreciated - I'd really like to get this trial version up and running.

Thanks for your time!
<<

lax

Site Admin

Post Fri Nov 15, 2013 6:52 am

Re: WoW login error 104 when using ISBoxer; no error without

Did you configure any custom Key Maps before trying to log in?

If you made a new Key Map, and put Mapped Keys in it, then those Mapped Keys are not toggled by the Key Maps toggle (Shift+Alt+M by default) unless you add it. FAQ: I added a new Key Map but the Key Maps toggle does not disable it?

If you made new Mapped Keys under the "Always On" Key Map, those Mapped Keys are also not toggled by the Key Maps toggle, because as indicated, they are "Always On", on purpose.

Nothing else comes to mind as far as this error
<<

oktab

Post Fri Nov 15, 2013 7:46 am

Hey lax, thanks for the reply; I didn't setup any new key maps; is there anything in the default WoW quick setup wizard that are always-on by default and would need to be added to the key maps toggle?

Does it matter whether or not the new battle.net launcher is running? I was able to open 5 instances of WoW through the battle.net launcher - I just can't think of much else that would be causing this problem. I wouldn't be too surprised if it's something simple I'm overlooking - regardless, it's a bit frustrating to have the character set launch all windows and start running with no problems - so close T_T
<<

MiRai

Vibrant Videographer

Post Fri Nov 15, 2013 9:09 am

Are you using the dev version of Inner Space?

Right click IS, select Patcher, check "Download development (test) patches" and then close and restart Inner Space to let it patch up
<<

oktab

Post Fri Nov 15, 2013 9:23 am

Hey mirai; yes, I am using the dev version. I also just tried uninstalling bitdefender and restarting - still getting the same error.
<<

lax

Site Admin

Post Fri Nov 15, 2013 9:53 am

I don't believe any of that would matter; the dev build is mostly to fix a problem where the game won't even launch correctly if you have the Battle.net Client beta.

Show us your ISBoxer configuration -- http://isboxer.com/wiki/Configuration_Sharing
<<

oktab

Post Fri Nov 15, 2013 10:17 am

here you go: http://privatepaste.com/6b2f69ac0f

Could the install location have anything to do with it, if InnerSpace is installed on a different drive?

I'd also tried launching WoW from InnerSpace (right-click on InnerSpace > World of Warcraft > World of Warcraft Default Profile) which doesn't appear to use the key maps or the repeater, but I'm still getting error 104. That makes me think something isn't playing nice with InnerSpace - or something may be blocking connections somewhere?
<<

lax

Site Admin

Post Fri Nov 15, 2013 10:40 am

Okay, confirmed your config is basically empty/default, which is good.

I'd also tried launching WoW from InnerSpace (right-click on InnerSpace > World of Warcraft > World of Warcraft Default Profile) which doesn't appear to use the key maps or the repeater, but I'm still getting error 104. That makes me think something isn't playing nice with InnerSpace

I guess I would have to agree with this assessment. Get me "Diagnostics for game crashes" from ISBoxer's Help menu -- http://isboxer.com/wiki/Diagnostics

If you happen to be relying on a custom keyboard/mouse macro or something for password entry, configured by manufacturer's software, I would also suggest running that software as Administrator or it will not operate correctly when the game is launched through Inner Space
<<

oktab

Post Fri Nov 15, 2013 11:23 am

here's the diagnostic report: http://privatepaste.com/d74555e00c
<<

lax

Site Admin

Post Fri Nov 15, 2013 11:51 am

Unfortunately since that was a WoW-64.exe instead of wow.exe it only showed me half of what I wanted, but that's probably okay. (You can launch it through Inner Space to get a wow.exe, it's okay if it's launched through IS for this diagnostic report because it's not actually "crashing".)

Here's some possible culprits:
bdapppassmgr - Process ID: 5316 (C:\Program Files\Bitdefender\Bitdefender\antispam32\bdapppassmgr.exe)
SearchProtection - Process ID: 5196 (C:\Users\Administrator\AppData\Roaming\Search Protection\SearchProtection.exe)

If you can eliminate those for testing purposes that would probably help narrow this down.

Additionally, I see you do have Logitech G35, Corsair K90 and M90 software running:
G35 - Process ID: 5528 (C:\Program Files (x86)\Logitech\G35\G35.exe)
K90Hid - Process ID: 5420 (C:\Program Files (x86)\corsair\K90 Keyboard\K90Hid.exe)
M90Hid - Process ID: 5484 (C:\Program Files (x86)\corsair\M90 Mouse\M90Hid.exe)

As mentioned in my previous posts, you should try running these as Administrator. If they launch at system startup, it's probably worth your time to try shutting them down, and manually use Run as Administrator.
Next

Return to World of Warcraft