FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

I need more control

Moderator: MiRai

<<

tmanz

Post Thu Nov 14, 2013 8:37 pm

I need more control

is there a way to keep both instances of wow open and running at the same rate with no lag in the screens or responses. I'm mouse turning on my main and using wasd on my slave. I want them to work together but on one screen I'm in one place and on the other i'm in the other. It's really messing with my head.

Is there any way to straight clone my movements or have total control over both without having to keep the slave on follow. This would also help me with the melee classes i'm wanting to level next.

Essentially I want them to both be in the same spot doing the same thing as soon as i tell it too. If there is a little lag that's fine but I want it do be in the same spot.

Example if i run around charge and run around a bit more its fine if the slave takes a couple seconds to get where i am but i want it in the exact same position and everything that i'm in.
<<

lax

Site Admin

Post Thu Nov 14, 2013 9:23 pm

Re: I need more control

No, it is not possible to do that. Even if you do your best to keep the games running at exactly the same rate, you're not going to be able to keep them together by broadcasting either mouselook or wasd. Inevitably this leads to FAQ: Why do my toons move in different directions?

I've played countless hours with melee-only teams. You need to use auto-follow.

There is a simple trick you can use, even without IWT which is what most people will suggest: Using auto-follow, run slightly past the mob, and turn around. This puts one of your guys in front of the mob (e.g. your tank) and the other one will be either slightly behind or to the side, which is pretty optimal for melees (i.e. to not get parried, etc).

Interact with Target (IWT) is another option. Unless you're doing PVP where the target is (or may be) constantly moving, you can just set IWT to a convenient Hotkey in ISBoxer and press it when you need your other guy(s) to get [back] in melee range. One of the drawbacks to using IWT is that if your target moves after you press it, your guy will not turn to track the moving target, he will run in the direction it was when you pressed it; if the target is no longer in that direction because it moved too far away and your guy can't interact with it, your toon will not stop moving in that direction until you stop him (with IWT again, or with auto-follow, etc). http://isboxer.com/wiki/WoW:Interact_with_Target If you hit IWT too often and your target is moving, your toons will run circles around the target. This is why unless you're doing PVP you should just press IWT as needed instead of putting it right on your DPS buttons (which is another option).

Return to World of Warcraft