FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

Inner Space cannot find wow.exe

Moderator: MiRai

<<

WarHippy

Post Sun Nov 03, 2013 8:00 pm

Inner Space cannot find wow.exe

http://privatepaste.com/a88740040a
Windows error 193 when I run my character set. After that, I get inner space error, cannot find wow.exe. Somewhere in between, wow.exe gets deleted from my world of warcraft folder. When I run the launcher normally, it updates the files, launches, and the two screens come up that you have to ok for each update, that creates the wow.exe file in the folder. If I exit after that and launch normally, the wow.exe file stays in the folder and it launches fine. When I try launching again thru the character set, it removes wow.exe from the folder and i get the inner space error, cannot find wow.exe. IS Boxer still launches RIFT character sets, and only since wow's last update, did I start having launching problems
<<

MiRai

Vibrant Videographer

Post Sun Nov 03, 2013 9:26 pm

Re: Inner Space cannot find wow.exe

Uninstall the following, restart your computer, and try again:

1. a2guard - Process ID: 2340 (C:\Program Files (x86)\Emsisoft Anti-Malware\a2guard.exe)
2. a2service - Process ID: 780 (C:\Program Files (x86)\Emsisoft Anti-Malware\a2service.exe)

If it still doesn't work, then we'll likely need a proper diagnostics report. In order to do that, you'll need to delete WoW-64.exe out of your World of Warcraft folder and then run WoW.exe by itself (not through the launcher). Then you can redo the steps in order to get a diagnostics report from the running WoW process.

If you ever want WoW-64.exe back after this issue has been resolved, you'll need to also delete WoW.exe from the game's directory and then run the launcher which will re-download both exe files.

EDIT: This may also be interfering:

29. oacat - Process ID: 1364 (C:\Program Files (x86)\Online Armor\OAcat.exe)
<<

lax

Site Admin

Post Mon Nov 04, 2013 8:32 am

Re: Inner Space cannot find wow.exe

1. Try the development build of Inner Space. Right click IS, select Patcher, check "Download development (test) patches" and then close and restart Inner Space to let it patch up

2. Why Blizzard Launcher? Is Inner Space pointing to the launcher instead of wow.exe? It might be a good idea then to use Add Game and point IS at wow.exe

Return to World of Warcraft