FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

Items sync addon

Moderator: MiRai

<<

jaumeat

Post Fri Sep 06, 2013 1:57 am

Items sync addon

Is there any addon, that can actually keep track of all the items from different characters in different accounts?

Even if the update it is not on real time and you can see it the next time you relog.

Could be very useful, especially if you have professions, that you are in one toon, and you see the gem X is on the toon that you have in the other account. Most of addons that do that work only on the characters that are under the same account, besides altoholic that offers a manual sync option, which is quite tedious to setup.
<<

Ualaa

Grandmaster Guidesmith

Post Wed Oct 16, 2013 9:45 pm

Re: Items sync addon

Altoholic used to do that.
You could check that out, if it's still around.

I'm not playing Wow anymore.
Streaming in 720p HD: www.twitch.tv/ualaa
<<

rfarris

Post Sat Oct 19, 2013 5:37 am

jaumeat wrote:Is there any addon, that can actually keep track of all the items from different characters in different accounts?...

http://www.curse.com/addons/wow/altoholic
<<

MiRai

Vibrant Videographer

Post Sat Oct 19, 2013 5:52 am

I'm pretty sure the OP knows that Altaholic exists and is looking for something else.

jaumeat wrote:Most of addons that do that work only on the characters that are under the same account, besides altoholic that offers a manual sync option, which is quite tedious to setup.

Unfortunately, I don't think there is anything else.
<<

rfarris

Post Sat Oct 19, 2013 9:19 pm

I dropped Altoholic because it didn't work across accounts, but it recently (v3) began working across accounts, so (according to the release notes) it now works across accounts. I'm testing it at the moment and I'll be back in a bit to report my results.
<<

Ualaa

Grandmaster Guidesmith

Post Sun Oct 20, 2013 1:49 pm

A year (or three??) ago, Khatovar had a post on the dual-boxing forums regarding Altoholic.
She was able to see which tradeskill items she had across multiple characters and multiple accounts.

Unless they've removed functionality, Altoholic used to allow exactly what you're looking for.

Her post implied it was a pain in the ass to use.
Something like using the addon, for each character on one account to get a picture of that account.
Then copying the saved file it makes to the next account, and doing the process again.
Ending up with a complete inventory of every account.
Streaming in 720p HD: www.twitch.tv/ualaa
<<

unexpected

Post Sun Oct 20, 2013 10:47 pm

After reading this thread I downloaded altoholic.

My experiences so far... if I am missing something please let me know!
After you go into the options on all your guys and set it to allow sharing you will be able to request data from each character. When you request data from a character it is only a snapshot, and you will not get any updated info unless you send another request. It seems to be one character at a time request. If I try to queue up two characters it just stalls, if I do 3 everything goes blank in that menu and it stalls.

After you send the requests 1 at a time your main guy will have a complete snapshot database of everything and it works as expected. Have to do it from each other toon if you want database on all. The transfers are not instant either, doing all 4 of my slaves took about 30 seconds

If there is a way to macro a command to sync multiple toons without messing with the interface it would be totally usable. But without that its cumbersome to use

Return to World of Warcraft