FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

Inner Space 5879-5884 Updates

Moderator: MiRai

<<

MiRai

Vibrant Videographer

Post Fri Jul 26, 2013 6:29 am

Inner Space 5879-5884 Updates

If you updated to Inner Space build 5879 and are experiencing issues, you should try one of the following fixes:

• Try the development build of Inner Space; the issue may already be solved. To do so, right click IS and select Patcher, check "Download development (test) patches" and then close and restart Inner Space to let it patch up.
  • Re-create your Window Layout, export, and re-launch your team. If you've got some super fancy Window Layout, the obvious choice would be to create a quick and dirty throwaway layout to test this out.

• Clear your virtual files on your system (you can back them up if you'd like by moving them to another folder), export from ISBoxer to re-create them, and re-launch your team.

• If you're running your video cards in a SLI or CrossFire configuration, disable it and try re-launching your team. If it's successful, try re-enabling it and then re-launching your team again to see if the issue is resolved.

• Update or reinstall your video drivers through the manufacturer's website (e.g. NOT Windows Update).

• If you're playing World of Warcraft, try swapping the affected characters' Game Profile to DX9 (aka D3D9) in ISBoxer. If you don't have such a profile, then you can manually edit your virtualized config.wtf files located in the WTF folder of your WoW folder. Change the line:
    Code:
    SET gxApi "D3D11"
    to
    Code:
    SET gxApi "D3D9"

Then try re-launching your Character Set.

• As a last resort, you can downgrade Inner Space back to build 5853 through this link. Disable automatic patching in the Inner Space Configuration window, close it down, unzip the contents from the downloaded file into the correct directory, and overwrite the files when asked. It's unlikely that you'll be able to exist on build 5853 forever, so either continue to check this thread for updates or try updating to future Inner Space builds to see if the issue is resolved.

Any feedback for which of these worked, which didn't, and which game you are playing would be appreciated.
Last edited by MiRai on Wed Jul 31, 2013 6:49 am, edited 1 time in total.
<<

castertroy

Post Fri Jul 26, 2013 7:01 am

Re: Inner Space 5879 Update

well only 5853 is working for me. wow client just wont launch with the new innerspace. im just new so most of the methods u posted i dont even understand. i wish it would just be an easy install or reinstall fix and it solves everything. lmao. very noob so thats why i dont get it. but overall isboxer is just awesome

good job
<<

Benzl

Post Sat Jul 27, 2013 12:48 pm

Yey, manually changing each characters profile from Default to DX9 did the trick, Thx Mirai^^(looking forward to some more FFXIV videos aswell :D ).
<<

brongbaby

Post Sat Jul 27, 2013 4:37 pm

i got it to work using the previous version it just seems to be a bug in the new version that need to be fixed on isboxer side

ty :D
<<

cwowens3

Post Sun Jul 28, 2013 12:37 pm

I only tried changing from D11 to D9 and it worked fine for World of Warcraft.
<<

cyndeharris

Post Sun Jul 28, 2013 7:22 pm

It would be great if you could give instructions to the solutions you provide. I have no idea how to do even one of the things you listed there to try. Looking up and trying each one by one will take hours. I wish you guys would assume that you're not dealing with CIS majors but rather with video game players.
<<

cwowens3

Post Mon Jul 29, 2013 4:26 pm

cyndeharris wrote:It would be great if you could give instructions to the solutions you provide. I have no idea how to do even one of the things you listed there to try. Looking up and trying each one by one will take hours. I wish you guys would assume that you're not dealing with CIS majors but rather with video game players.

Assuming your problem is the same as mine, and this fix will help you the same as it did me;

I open my local file manager and navigated to the WTF directory inside the World of Warcraft is install location. (C:\World of Warcraft\WTF for me). then I edited the file for the character that I wanted to launch (all of them). (Config-charname-server.WTF). roughly 12 lines down there was an entry for me (SET gxApi "D3D11") which I changed to (SET gxApi "D3D9"). Do this for ALL character you intent to play.

Save the file and run WoW.
<<

fip

Post Thu Aug 01, 2013 8:33 am

Re: Inner Space 5879-5884 Updates

I just wanted to post here that patching back to version 5853 solved the issue for me. My character profiles were already set to DX9 so there was nothing for me to fix there (I did double check). Not sure what broke in these more recent versions but at least it's working again.
<<

lax

Site Admin

Post Sat Aug 03, 2013 11:03 am

I think some of you may be missing a Windows Update that fixes some issues with DirectX 11. I think that might specifically be this one: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/2670838
<<

lax

Site Admin

Post Sat Aug 03, 2013 11:56 am

Inner Space development build 5893 now detects the missing Windows Update (KB 2670838) if Direct3D 11 support is failing, and provides a warning + offer to help download. To try it out, right click IS and select Patcher, check "Download development (test) patches" and then close and restart Inner Space to let it patch up.

Return to World of Warcraft