FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

Trying this out again, Follow problem

Moderator: MiRai

<<

dinkumdale

Post Sun Apr 21, 2013 10:11 pm

Trying this out again, Follow problem

Hello!
I have gone through the FAQ and YouTube video to try to correct my problem but nothing seems to be working.
I have also uninstalled the whole thing, deleted my wow wtf folder and made sure Innerspace was on the development build, but to no avail.
I have 5 accounts and follow works when on 2, 3, 4, and 5, but not on 1. The main window will very rarely be followed by wow 3 and 5, but what usually happens is when switching to wow 1, 2 and 3 follow 4, and 4 and 5 follow 2.
I even created toons with new names to see if it was just something with the names but no luck.
Here is the privatepaste: http://www.privatepaste.com/de9c5b870f
This is using no other addons and a fresh install.
Thanks for any help!
<<

lax

Site Admin

Post Mon Apr 22, 2013 7:25 am

Re: Trying this out again, Follow problem

There is indeed an issue with names, and that is this:

World of Warcraft does not provide an "exact name" version of /follow. The way /follow works, it effectively does a "search" based on the name you give it, and will take the first match that starts with your search. This is a problem for your team, because toon #1 is named DINKUM and the rest are named DINKUM______ where you fill in the blank. Attempting to /follow toon #1 may result in actually following any of the 5. It might follow 2 this time, 3 the next time you log in or phase or anything that changes the order the game happens to do this search, 4 the next time, etc.

TL;DR: Take care not to use one toon's name as a prefix for all of the others, or /follow breaks :(
<<

dinkumdale

Post Mon Apr 22, 2013 9:08 pm

Re: Trying this out again, Follow problem

Thanks working perfectly!
I had no idea this was a problem because in the past (years) ago I used to use similar names. Everything is working swell now.
Thanks again,
Dale

Return to World of Warcraft