FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

Auto Follow, help please!

Moderator: MiRai

<<

noonhigher

Post Thu Apr 01, 2010 11:41 am

Auto Follow, help please!

So, yesterady fixed auto follow, after reseting default wow key binds. As suggested in '[WoW] How to fix Assist and Follow from Quick Setup' guide but today when I logged on it is not working again. I figured I must of exited WoW the wrong way and it didn't save my setting in Jamba. I went through it but can't seem to get it.

I looked ever thing over again in that guide mentioned above and it looks good. So here is what it is doing now, if I have the slave targeted on the master char I want to follow and I switch to him the slave follows. If I don't have who I want to follow targeted they don't auto follow when I switch chars. When I switch if I have some other random toon(non-team) selected the slave then follows them. Hoping from that symptom somebody here might know what is going on, thanks!
<<

Ualaa

Grandmaster Guidesmith

Post Thu Apr 01, 2010 7:03 pm

Re: Auto Follow, help please!

A few questions...

How many toons are you running on the team?
Will follow work for some of them, or none at all?

What are you using for follow... Jamba, /Follow, or something else?

Are you using the FTL auto assist or Focus approach?
Streaming in 720p HD: www.twitch.tv/ualaa
<<

noonhigher

Post Fri Apr 02, 2010 9:11 am

I believe the FTL assist, that is my problem probably ended up using a mix of them, I not 100% clear how to seperate the differences. I was trying to use what ever the wizard default is.

As for characters it is just two, but both have the same issue.
<<

Ualaa

Grandmaster Guidesmith

Post Fri Apr 02, 2010 12:42 pm

The default keys used in IS Boxer do not conflict with the default keys in world of warcraft.
So, the easiest fix is to reset both to the default settings.

For FTL to work properly, you need a unique set of modifiers for each toon, within IS Boxer.
The IS Boxer addon then generates macros which use these.
The addon attaches modifiers to a few mapped keys, which allow the others to know who is initiating the action based on the modifiers.
The FTL mapped keys are: FTL Assist Me, FTL Target Me and FTL Follow Me (these three should have Use FTL Modifiers On, with everything else set to Default).

If you take a look at these FTL Mapped Keys, there is a 'Key Combination' for each.
You don't want this key to be bound to anything else in warcraft, which includes that key in conjunction with modifiers.

Since the FTL auto follow is not working for any toon, I'll assume the mapped key has something wrong with it.
The easiest will be default settings, but if you've done a lot of modifications you could post a pastebin (instructions at the top of the forum) of your configuration.
Streaming in 720p HD: www.twitch.tv/ualaa

Return to World of Warcraft