FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

Toons running opposite directions

Moderator: MiRai

<<

Shania

Post Mon Mar 29, 2010 2:20 am

Toons running opposite directions

Hello,

I am Very new to multi-boxing and decided to give it a go because of seeing clips and other bits n pieces in how "easy" it is to set it up and get into it.

I followed the wizard logged in and i dont know how to have the main toon auto inv my other toon so I manually just invite it and somehow they kind of end up following one another but not the way its suppose too.

I run forward and other toon seems to run opposite way and Only once was I able to manage (somehow) to make them all copy each other in shooting at a mob.
Im running 2 clients at this stage but spent many many hrs all night trying to sort this out since I have noidea about macrpes and all that stuff is why I went too try isboxer
<<

Ualaa

Grandmaster Guidesmith

Post Mon Mar 29, 2010 4:27 am

Re: Toons running opposite directions

I would guess you have Repeater on, which means when you press forward arrow (or hold both mouse buttons), both toons receive the move forward command.
If that is the case, you can disable Repeater; I believe the default is Alt Ctrl R.

For the most part you want to play with Keymaps on and Repeater off.
The wizard has made a number of mapped keys for you (groups of related mapped keys go into a keymap).
Things like FTL DPS, where you push 1, and it has the slave assist the active window and then also push 1.

Generally it's better to rely on /Follow, for following then to actively (even accidently) try to move both at once.
With Repeater off and Keymaps on, the slave won't try to run off on their own.
Hit your follow key, and the slave toon should be right behind you.
If they're both caster types, stop a little away from your target, and press 1 (or 2, 3 etc, wherever you put your spells).
Streaming in 720p HD: www.twitch.tv/ualaa

Return to World of Warcraft