FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

Round Robin Set-up

Moderator: MiRai

<<

TipTop

Post Mon Dec 23, 2013 4:16 pm

Round Robin Set-up

Hey guys, I'm attempting to set up my round robin for a 5 step sequence that repeats after the 5th step. So firstly I want it to broadcast the 2 key on the first press of '2 key' to all my clients. The second time I press the 2 key I want it to send 2 to my master client and 0 to my slave clients. The third time I hit the 2 key I want it to send alt+9 to all of my clients. The 4th time I want it to send 2 to all and finally when I hit it a fifth time I want it to send alt+0 to all clients. Then I want it to reset the sequence and start again. So from step 5 back to step 1. Is this possible with Isboxer? And if yes, can anyone please explain to me how to go about setting it up? Many thanks in advance to anyone to replies!
<<

lax

Site Admin

Post Mon Dec 23, 2013 4:42 pm

Re: Round Robin Set-up

Yes. This isn't what I'd classify as round-robin though.

So you're wanting to make a Mapped Key, with the Hotkey set to 2. This Mapped Key needs 5 Steps (as you've described) each with 1-2 Keystroke Actions. A Keystroke Action sends a Keystroke to one or more windows.

Step 1 you want 1 Keystroke Action that sends 2 to Window:All w/ Current.
Step 2 you want 2 Keystroke Actions -- one to send 2 and one to send 0.
Step 3 you want 1 Keystroke Action that sends Alt+9 to Window:All w/ Current
Step 4 you want 1 Keystroke Action that sends 2 to Window:All w/ Current
Step 5 you want 1 Keystroke Action that sends Alt+0 to Window:All w/ Current

This should be pretty simple to set up, you just need to get started. Note that 2 is already mapped by default, potentially by the Standard Menu; you would want to disable the existing one to replace it.

First open up a Key Map to put this in (e.g. "Combat"). Create a new Mapped Key (right click Mapped Keys and select NEw Mapped Key). Then right click on Steps and select New Step -- you'll do that 4 times to get 5 steps since it'll start with 1. Then left click on a Step number to edit it; to the right you can right click Actions to add an Action. Keystroke Action is under the "Keystroke Actions" heading at the top. From there you should pretty much have it...
<<

TipTop

Post Mon Dec 23, 2013 5:19 pm

Wow thanks so much, that was really easy to follow, thanks for explaining it so well ;)
<<

TipTop

Post Mon Dec 23, 2013 6:04 pm

Hey, having an issue with it, instead of them all using the spell that's assigned to 2 at once, they do it 1 by 1, can this be fixed?
<<

TipTop

Post Mon Dec 23, 2013 6:22 pm

Nevermind I'm talking rubbish, ignore that last post :P

Return to World of Warcraft