FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

Keys not responding in combat

Moderator: MiRai

<<

Whordie

Post Sun Oct 16, 2011 4:36 pm

Keys not responding in combat

Hello,

First of all, ty for the great job on Isboxer. I really like this program :D During combat my keystrokes with Key Maps On do not seem to reach the other screens. Also, I cannot heal or cast. My toons just stand there getting wacked on. This happens a lot but not all the time of course. In instances, it happens too much and causes one or two toons to die. I do wipe due to this and was hoping you could help me. I am using ISboxer with Jamba addon. My config is saved at www.privatepaste.com :: Paste ID 85a329f65e
I am using key maps on to control my other toons and have video fx viewing screens up to control healbot and the other toons action bar.

Any help you can give me will be greatly appreciated.

Thank you

To help you more I am running:

Operating System: Windows 7 Professional 64-bit
System Manufacturer: EVGA__System Model: 122-YW-E173
BIOS: Phoenix - AwardBIOS v6.00PG
Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM)2 Quad CPU @ 2.40GHz (4 CPUs), ~2.4GHz
Memory: 8192MB RAM
2 X Nvidia GeForece GTX 460 but not in SL1, turned off in SW
Two monitors running at 1920 x 1080 both.
<<

lax

Site Admin

Post Mon Oct 17, 2011 7:02 am

Re: Keys not responding in combat

Your 3-step modification to the Interact with Target hotkey in General breaks its normal behavior. Sometimes it will seem to do nothing. If this is included in your hotkeys that don't seem to work, delete step 2 or combine it with step 3.

What keystrokes are you expecting? 1 through = will auto-assist and attack, but any other key combination (like alt+1, or q, or z, or .. anything) needs to be added if you want the same behavior: http://isboxer.com/wiki/WoW:Quick_Start_Guide#Quickly_add_many_hotkeys.2C_optionally_with_auto-assist

Combat on or off doesn't matter to ISBoxer. ISBoxer never knows whether you're in combat or not :) Addons or (your) custom macros might have different behavior in combat, but whether in or out of combat, if Key Maps are on and you press 1 it's going to send the combo for assist to the other windows, and then 1 to all windows.
<<

Whordie

Post Mon Oct 17, 2011 4:22 pm

Re: Keys not responding in combat

Hey deleting step 2 fixed it as far as I can tell. I ran Razorfen Kraul without any issues with it. Last night I wiped 2x due to it so this is great progress. Thank you for the info you gave me I appreciate it.
Also, is there any way to keep the toons from just running off from time to time. I believe they did it once this time throught the instance. I am not sure if I caused it or it just happened. Also, at one point they would not IWT with the target and would run toward it but then run right back. I decided to close all games and reload as exporting all to IS was not helping. The reloading of the game fixed it. Any ideas on this issue?

Return to World of Warcraft