FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

'Unknown Unit'

Moderator: MiRai

<<

Tom23

Post Sat Aug 06, 2011 4:21 am

'Unknown Unit'

Okay so I'm going to try to make this as simple as I can for you guys to figure out :)

I started up the Quick Start Wizard and gave it all the usual settings minus the auto follow strobing, and hopped onto my characters to find my problem still persists, my slaves WILL NOT ASSIST :I If I try to use any hotkeys (all are default WoW ones and I have added none through the keymaps) my slaves error line gets spammed with 'Unknown Unit' 'You have no target' and every once in a while it does the move but with no assist, I realise that I had a similar thread in general but it was hastily made and I want to make a cleaner one. Could it have something to do with my Razer Naga perhaps? or running as admin? ( I currently do)

http://www.privatepaste.com/6092c7ac14
<<

lax

Site Admin

Post Sat Aug 06, 2011 7:28 am

Re: 'Unknown Unit'

It's definitely not from your Razer Naga (I own 2 of these by the way, I use one of them and my son uses one), or from running as Administrator (you're supposed to)

It's more likely because you replaced the assist macro with the following in the WoW Game Helper:
Code:
/assist Character4ActualName
/cast Fireball

(Character4ActualName would be a char name in your config, it was censored by your copy to clipboard options)

So, any time you press any of 1 through =, first it's going to do the above (/assist a specific guy, and /cast Fireball) in the other windows, and then it's going to pass that keystroke (1 through =) to all windows.

What I would do is just go to File, Clear, and then run the wizard again, export and launch the game. It should work fine again ;)
<<

Tom23

Post Sat Aug 06, 2011 8:42 am

OH MY LORD IT'S WORKING! I have no idea why, but the clearing seems to have fixed it somehow ^^^^ thanks Lax I'll definitely be getting a lifetime very soon, thank you so much for your help mate :)

P.S why is it that my Video FX box for Healbot is in a really zoomed out state when I create it? I will go over your setup vid again with grid and edit if it's fixed :)
<<

lax

Site Admin

Post Sat Aug 06, 2011 8:58 am

From http://isboxer.com/wiki/Video_FX:
If the Video FX source region is in a scaled down window, the Video FX viewer will also be affected (i.e. pixellated). This feature is therefore most useful with larger "slave" windows, which do not need to be visible and may be hidden behind other windows. The 'Stacked full screen' style from the wizard is ideal.
<<

Tom23

Post Sat Aug 06, 2011 9:20 am

Thanks again mate :) all clear now, time to get my warrior/priest combo to 80! haha

Return to World of Warcraft