FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

Profile Performance

Moderator: MiRai

<<

jdbhkf

Post Tue Sep 19, 2023 5:16 pm

Profile Performance

Any experienced users around that can have a look at my profile and give me tips on how to optimize my combat and maybe make it more efficient. Both game-wise and system-wise. When I go to use AOE attacks my FPS drops pretty noticeably. I watched a video or 10 about having too many macros being called and I believe my issue lies in the number I am calling but I don't know an alternative to accomplish the same damage.

Thanks!
Attachments
Make_Me_Faster_Please.xml
Profile minus account names
(431.34 KiB) Downloaded 72 times
H8red in IRC.
<<

bob

League of Extraordinary Multiboxers

Post Tue Sep 19, 2023 7:13 pm

Re: Profile Performance

Well...

The way it is set up currently basically sends 5 or 6 key combinations to the game at the same time and wants the game to figure out which macro to run.

You could achieve much the same thing by having a single macro which has all the /cast XXXX lines in it.

The other option is to actually put each macro call in separate steps in the rotation and have like a rotation with one key combo sent to the game at a time, rather than the sledgehammer the keyboard approach. This of course may not have the desired outcome where you always fire a spell as it is possible that you might get to a step and that particular spell is not available so the toon does nothing on that hotkey mash (although it usually will be cycled on fairly quick).
If there is a common fallback spell (macro) that should be available every time (or even 80%-90%), then perhaps you could stretch it out to 3 or 4 steps which only have one or two macro calls in each step so it lessens the amount the game is being hit to try and decipher the incoming key combos.
<<

jdbhkf

Post Wed Sep 20, 2023 6:48 am

Re: Profile Performance

The way it is set up currently basically sends 5 or 6 key combinations to the game at the same time and wants the game to figure out which macro to run.

You could achieve much the same thing by having a single macro which has all the /cast XXXX lines in it.

So I did attempt a single macro for the Hunters to test this method. I seemed to never get some of the skills to fire at all. The macro I attempted to call for the Hunter team was pretty simple:

Code:
/cast A Murder of Crows
/cast Multi-Shot
/cast !Kill Command
/cast Bestial Wrath
/cast !Dire Beast

A Murder of Crows would fire but I never saw anything else fire off at all. I tried with both /cast and /castsequence thinking maybe that was the problem. Same results in either case. I have my keyboard set to repeat keys 1-4 5 times a second. I could give a multi-step approach a try and see if that still yields adequate dps. I may revisit a single macro /cast setup again. I'll try adding each spell or removing spells until I figure out which work together and which don't . I could maybe reduce the number of steps by figuring out which break the setup and separate those only. (Thanks Bob for the reply!!)

If anyone has a profile of how they do their DPS for really, any class I'd really love to see alternatives to try as well. My current team are a Paladin, Shaman and Hunters. But the class doesn't matter so much as how you're doing things.
H8red in IRC.

Return to World of Warcraft