FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

Question on group

Moderator: MiRai

<<

Slimez

Post Sat Feb 26, 2011 10:53 am

Question on group

I did ask this on another site, but would like to get the pros here to comment as well:

I am back to WoW after several years.. I will be using InnerSpace and ISBoxer. I will never be PVP'ing and I can't play a DK yet. I am a skilled multi boxer with many other games as my experience. I have a few questions for you guys:

1. For a 5 man PvE team using Innerspace and ISboxer, what 5 Classes and specs will allow me to accomplish the most from levels 80+. I would like to do as many instances as possible by myself. Also, it doesn't have to be 5 totally different classes.. if 4 of one class and one of another rocks then that is fine as well.

2. What add ons are pretty much "required" for the above party you are suggesting in order to run my team effectively?

3. I havent picked a server yet. Do any of you guys have a Multi Box friendly or only guild out there looking for five members? As most of you are, I am completely self sufficient and dont need loot or gold. Just an occasional question and such and maybe run some larger instances with you. Feel free to PM me about your guild.

I have read all the Get Started and Wiki pages as well as every thread. Shouldnt be bothering you guys too much past this point and hopefully I can answer some questions and contribute in the near future.

Thanks, and again, not for PVP and no DK's.
<<

Slimez

Post Sat Feb 26, 2011 7:55 pm

Re: Question on group

Anyone? I want to start my team tomorrow and really need some input so I don't waste a bunch of time... thx
<<

lax

Site Admin

Post Sat Feb 26, 2011 9:38 pm

1. I don't think there's one good answer. For PVE I think you generally want several classes so that you can get the buffs and other benefits. I ran 5 paladins (all 3 specs) for quite a while during wotlk and I raped most instances, but for example I had zero nature resistance. That made it hard to reliably handle the abominations in the Halls of Reflection escape event. If my healer or one DPSer was a shaman, I would have flew straight through.

Mostly just pick your favorite healer, favorite tank, and 3 DPSers. A lot of people like casters, a lot of people like melee, both can be done.

2. viewtopic.php?f=4&t=103
<<

Ualaa

Grandmaster Guidesmith

Post Mon Feb 28, 2011 1:22 am

Group composition, for PvE play...

I'll recommend one of these:

Paladin (tank), Priest (heals), 3x Shaman.
Paladin (tank), Warlock (replenishment, curse +spell power), 3x Shaman (dps & heals).
Paladin (tank), 1x Shaman (Resto/Heals), 1x Shaman (Elemental), Mage (portals, sheep), Warlock (spellpower via curse)

Druid (Tank, dual-spec for PvP), 4x Shaman.

Lots of options really.

In general, a Paladin or Druid seem the easiest tanks to box with.
Less reactive things to worry about, can do a straight castsequence mindlessly and effectively.

3x DPS class, usually Shammies, if they can heal in their DPS form, is enough healing.
But 1x dedicated healer, gets decurse magic from friendlies, and then your DPS can be whatever.

Shammies are very caster friendly with totems.
Two will basically cover the essential totems.

Ranged classes don't eat Cleave/Boss point-blank AoE's.
They're generally a bit easier for PvE.

Mages put out good damage, have sheep (strong crowd control), summon food/water, and get you portals.
Warlock is good DPS, provide healthstones/soulstones, flexible pet utility, can summon your toons.
Boomkin (if you don't take the Sunfire talents) can be easily macro'd, gets earth & moon (same as warlock spellpower curse boost), can battle rez and innervate your healer.

Melee can work easily, with Click to Move + Interact With Target.
They can provide a different armor type.
So Cloth goes to Toon A, Leather to Toon B, Mail to Toon C, Plate to Toon D, and one duplicate type.
Which increases the chances every piece is used.
Melee sometimes take extra damage, that ranged would not.

Fortitude is basically an exclusive buff, have a priest or use a runescroll for this (Priest is better).
Pally (Kings) or Druid (MotW) gets you 5% to stats and +65 to all resists.
Shaman (Glyphed Healing Stream) or Paladin (Resistance Aura) is +135 to three resists.
Mage (Arcane Intellect) is more mana, and more spell power.

A ton of options can work.
A lot of it is a preference call.
Streaming in 720p HD: www.twitch.tv/ualaa

Return to World of Warcraft