FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

Characters are being locked after 2h

Moderator: MiRai

<<

hawkins78

Post Sun Nov 01, 2020 8:36 am

Characters are being locked after 2h

Hello, Im new to isBoxer. I was trying to setup my 5-8man account, but I'm having some issues. I have generally two issues, one of them is lock down, and the other one is cpu usage.

For the first one, after around 2 to 3 hours, some of my accounts started to be locked one by one, and what I mean by lock is I cant click any skills on action bar on that account, so my keymap is also failing to work. The most interesting solution to this was, when I click the ESC twice, it all becoming normal again, for like 3 minutes. I've already tried some of solutions I found on that forum, like I clicked the "make game believe it is foreground, otherwise it may ignore buttons" but nothing changed. I''ve also disabled ALL of my addons and tried like that and the results were same.

For the second one, when I try to open like 8 account, my CPU is working at max, %95+ while my ram usage is around %50. This is not a patch thing, because this was like this even before the patch came out, and I'm using the latest build for isBoxer and innerspace as well. My foreground fps is locked to 18, and the other one is at 30 fps. Using dx 11 legacy.

But the thing is, when I open all 8 account manually, my CPU usage is around %45. This is strange, obviously I'm making something wrong on isBoxer, I tried EVERY Cpu combination, including no strategy, but results were same. Im not using any window laying, because when I do my pc just cant handle it. So, Im running at custom layout and I am manually changing my accounts size and options manually.

Again, Im new to isboxer and I like the program execpt those two problems.

Thank you so much for your answer and for your time.
<<

bob

League of Extraordinary Multiboxers

Post Sun Nov 01, 2020 7:07 pm

Re: Characters are being locked after 2h

The first problem sounds a bit like the "I'm spamming a loot-a-rang macro" problem. Fixed with a /stopcasting in the macro.

The second problem is usually going to come down to a difference in the settings being used.
When ISBoxer loads your team, the difference is that each character gets their own Config-CHARNAME.wtf file. When you load it yourself, they all load using the Config.wtf file. I'd look for differences here.

One other difference when you are comparing the, "this doesn't happen when I just load 8 wows", is that ISBoxer runs all games in such a way that the background windows are not running the games in built background game loop. So it does require more resources. When the game is running on a background processing loop, less stuff is happening, including input processing, which obviously wouldn't work too well in a multiboxing scenario.

Return to World of Warcraft