FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

Account not found

Moderator: MiRai

<<

Exilewolf

Post Fri Oct 30, 2020 2:37 pm

Account not found

Well the weekend of October 23, 2020 World of Warcraft was having issues with log in and disconnecting. Out of due diligence I went and changed my password.(Since this is how it acted when my account was hacked).
Well fast forward to after blizz fixed the issue and I go to log in my group. Everything goes as normal I put in the password and it ask me for the authentication code. I enter it everything seems normal then get the account not found error code. It will log in just fine through Battle.net and isoboxer will log in the 2 accounts not linked to my primaries. Any ideas what may have happened?
<<

globalfugitive

Post Fri Oct 30, 2020 5:56 pm

Re: Account not found

hi there, not sure if this is related but i had a similar issue, not account not found but it refused to accept my passwords after some changes from Blizzard.

To resolve it eventually I specifically deleted the toons TOON.WTF file (NOT the main WTF file, but the character ones inside (my directory C:\Program Files (x86)\World of Warcraft Classic\World of Warcraft\_classic_\WTF\Account) and this resolved it.

All the best,
<<

Exilewolf

Post Sat Oct 31, 2020 7:22 am

globalfugitive wrote:hi there, not sure if this is related but i had a similar issue, not account not found but it refused to accept my passwords after some changes from Blizzard.

To resolve it eventually I specifically deleted the toons TOON.WTF file (NOT the main WTF file, but the character ones inside (my directory C:\Program Files (x86)\World of Warcraft Classic\World of Warcraft\_classic_\WTF\Account) and this resolved it.

All the best,

Sadly this didn't clear it up. Any other ideas?
<<

globalfugitive

Post Sat Oct 31, 2020 10:03 pm

Exilewolf wrote:Sadly this didn't clear it up. Any other ideas?

You can try drag the whole WTF file the desktop (this will mean you have to reset all your settings for your addons, etc. but if it doesnt work just drag it back inside the folder and the older settings should be restored.
<<

JamWaldo

Post Mon Nov 02, 2020 8:19 am

This might help, might not. New user.
I had issue like this, spent hours looking through videos and forums.

my fix:
Once the multi screen layout shows up from Lavish, and the screens are waiting for you to put in your password....

Manually retype your Email Address.
Complete "i'm not a bot"
use authy code (if you have one)

So for some reason it just wasn't registering my email addy on all the acc's and I just had retype it.
you'll notice the font that gets auto typed in is different to the wow used font for some reason, maybe that causes an unrecognised text issue.

Hope that works for you

Return to World of Warcraft