FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

Multiboxing in Dungeons

Moderator: MiRai

<<

Superromeo

Post Sat Oct 24, 2020 3:09 am

Multiboxing in Dungeons

Are there any guides or tutorials on how to create macros to cope with BFA type damaging mechanisms like Quaking?

Quaking: Periodically, all players emit a shockwave, inflicting damage and interrupting nearby allies. This affix will cause each player to periodically "quake", which causes a pair of circles to appear under your feet. The larger circle indicates the range of the effect, about 8 yards - if anyone else is standing in your circle when the smaller circle expands to the same size (about three seconds), they will take damage from you (20% of max health, subject to reductions) and have their spellcasting interrupted. If interrupted, you'll be locked out of that school for four seconds.

Is there a way to make your team separate far enough to avoid this annoying type of affix not to wipe your party?
I get the feeling that with BFA a lot of instance related mechanisms are engineered to be anti multiboxing on purpose as so many mechanisms requires constant movement away from the target or away from team members.
<<

Wizeowel

Post Mon Oct 26, 2020 4:48 am

Re: Multiboxing in Dungeons

Have you tried the formations menu? If you enable it, you will see line-formation, star-formation and flying-v. The actual mapped keys are defined in ISB42 - Base Hotkeys and you can also keybind them directly.

For quaking you would want some variation of flying-v, depending how many ranged you have. If you have melee, do you mind them quaking or being quaked by the tank.
<<

Superromeo

Post Mon Oct 26, 2020 5:45 am

Re: Multiboxing in Dungeons

Thanks, will try the formations. I have a paladin team that can heal but my DKs are screwed and range with lack of heals like Mages just die. Trouble as well is with BFA instance mechanics happen so fast by the time you got your team to move from AOE on floor they already lost halve their health.

Return to World of Warcraft