FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

Interesting Incident Just 30mins ago ...

Moderator: MiRai

<<

globalfugitive

Post Thu Oct 15, 2020 4:45 am

Interesting Incident Just 30mins ago ...

Hi there,

Not sure if this is the correct place to post this but i thought I would anyway, please move if not posted in correct forum.

An interesting incident just happened to me 30mins ago, I am levelling my newish 4mage+1priest 5man team in Arathi doing the quest Trapped Princess farming for motes of Myzrael (the quest with the shitty drop rates, REALLY time consuming for a 5man team).

Anyway, I get a PM from a Blizzard GM! "A GM would like to speak with you" or something to that effect. So I say "hello, Sup" and he/she goes "howdy, nothing much just doing the rounds, as you were" and that was that!

Anyway, I just wanted to let everyone know that MultiBoxing is officially considered perfectly legal by Blizzard and as long as you are doing the time manually in person, then Blizzard is happy to continue to bill your credit card :) !

(Multiboxing on Oceanic Server Arugal in Classic where I have noticed a growing number of MBers over the past 6 months!)
<<

deus81

Post Thu Oct 15, 2020 10:21 am

Re: Interesting Incident Just 30mins ago ...

Did you got the PM from the GM only in your chatwindow in the bottom left or did a clickable button appeared in the top right corner over your buffs? Did this occur to all your characters or only to one? Would be crap if only one character is messaged and you dont see it because you are playing from another character -.-
<<

Matricus

Post Thu Oct 15, 2020 10:34 am

deus81 wrote:Would be crap if only one character is messaged and you dont see it because you are playing from another character -.-

That's what EMA is for... it's forwarding the whispers to the master and via a slot-swap macro you can change the current team leader via command to always receive the tells, regardless whom you are playing from.
<<

deus81

Post Thu Oct 15, 2020 10:39 am

Are you sure that it forwards GM Whispers? I read somewhere, that the GM Whisper is through another channel and EMA only forwards normal Player Whispers.
<<

Matricus

Post Thu Oct 15, 2020 10:44 am

Okay yeah, not sure about GM whispers. Hard to test. ;)
<<

globalfugitive

Post Thu Oct 15, 2020 1:42 pm

deus81 wrote:Did you got the PM from the GM only in your chatwindow in the bottom left or did a clickable button appeared in the top right corner over your buffs? Did this occur to all your characters or only to one? Would be crap if only one character is messaged and you dont see it because you are playing from another character -.-

Both, it was announced in my chat window and i could pull it to a separate "GM Chat", but I didn't notice the clickable button until after i had finished the conversation actually. The button was actually over the top left.

I use EMA so can see messaged sent to any toon regardless of which toon I am 'leading' with, but yeah not sure about GM messsages.

I tried to grab a shot with Snippet but every time i set up the window and then go into snippet it kept snapping to another toon for some weird reason ... anyway i mucked it up and lost it.

*Edit: actually in hindsight when I was trying to grab a snapshot and ISBoxer for some reason kept jumping to a window other than the toon I wanted to take i noticed there were no chats in the other windows, so EMA doesn't work for GM chats.
<<

bob

League of Extraordinary Multiboxers

Post Thu Oct 15, 2020 3:02 pm

Yes, multiboxing is allowed in WoW, and has been since day dot. There is even an official answer on it. https://us.battle.net/support/en/article/24258

If in doubt, the "we do not support multiboxing tools" means, if your multiboxing tool is broke, don't go crying to Blizzard about it. Blizzard make WoW, not multiboxing tools.

But GM's are far more active in monitoring multiboxers currently due to the large increase of "farming" over the last few months. Much easier to see the odd popup on some random toon if you don't have 40 windows running......
<<

globalfugitive

Post Thu Oct 15, 2020 3:24 pm

bob wrote:But GM's are far more active in monitoring multiboxers currently due to the large increase of "farming" over the last few months.

Thanks Bob, I just wanted the community to know that I was 'tested' and passed, as I still see a lot of posts in the forums here from folk asking if they were banned because of ISBoxer. The answer: Definitely not!
<<

Wizeowel

Post Fri Oct 16, 2020 6:37 am

bob wrote:Yes, multiboxing is allowed in WoW, and has been since day dot.

From John Staats' WoW Diary:
'One afternoon [in May 2001], Mark Kern noticed that Jason [Hutchins]’s screen had six windows of WoW running. “Are you kidding me? You’re able to run six copies of the game at once…and on that system?!” he asked, gesturing at Jason’s low-end test machine. Jason shrugged and said the game’s frame rate wasn’t very good, which tempered none of Mark’s astonishment.'

Return to World of Warcraft