FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

CPU assignment assistance please

Moderator: MiRai

<<

Silencious

Post Sat Jul 25, 2020 3:03 pm

CPU assignment assistance please

Hi, bit of a noobie when it comes to Isboxer and CPU, can someone offer help for smooth running?

Windows 10 pro, 16gb ddr4 ram, Ryzen 7 3800XT (8 cpu (16core), Geforce 2060 super xt. Only use two alts for multi-boxing on two separate monitors. Do I need to show graphic output to help? If so, I will reply with info. The difficulty I find is that when running isboxer if i want to open chrome browser, it struggles to open. I'm wondering if my cpus are running full pelt on isboxer? :?
<<

Wizeowel

Post Mon Jul 27, 2020 10:17 am

Re: CPU assignment assistance please

Silencious wrote:Hi, bit of a noobie when it comes to Isboxer and CPU, can someone offer help for smooth running?

Windows 10 pro, 16gb ddr4 ram, Ryzen 7 3800XT (8 cpu (16core), Geforce 2060 super xt. Only use two alts for multi-boxing on two separate monitors. Do I need to show graphic output to help? If so, I will reply with info. The difficulty I find is that when running isboxer if i want to open chrome browser, it struggles to open. I'm wondering if my cpus are running full pelt on isboxer? :?

Which CPU strategy did you pick? Usually 'select all CPUs with every window' is recommended.

I have an i7-8700K with only 6 cores (12 HT) and I can run 8 toons no problem and also have browser and other stuff open. So maybe the problem is not CPU strategy? What do you see if you look at the performance tab of task manager?
<<

Silencious

Post Mon Jul 27, 2020 10:31 am

Wizeowel wrote:
Silencious wrote:Hi, bit of a noobie when it comes to Isboxer and CPU, can someone offer help for smooth running?

Which CPU strategy did you pick? Usually 'select all CPUs with every window' is recommended.

I have an i7-8700K with only 6 cores (12 HT) and I can run 8 toons no problem and also have browser and other stuff open. So maybe the problem is not CPU strategy? What do you see if you look at the performance tab of task manager?
Attachments
cpu.jpg
cpu.jpg (88.8 KiB) Viewed 2835 times
<<

bob

League of Extraordinary Multiboxers

Post Mon Jul 27, 2020 9:33 pm

CPU strategy should be "all games use all cpus" (the last option in the drop down). Or the "No strategy" option. They work out effectively the same, and are not restrictive. You only need the others if you are micromanaging, e.g. mass multiboxing, or running a really really old game.

Return to World of Warcraft