FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

About your video on gathering

Moderator: MiRai

<<

Hilkarus

Posts: 37

Joined: Wed Jan 10, 2018 3:22 am

Post Wed Jan 10, 2018 3:30 am

About your video on gathering

Hi,

On July 2017 you posted a video about multibox gathering in WoW : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VoG_JeuI4Fo&t=288s

I did follow all the steps in ISBoxer but when I use MouseWheelUp the views are synced on all my toons but it also opens the Raid/Group Finder Window (keybind I). I searched everywhere in ISBoxer but I cannot find why this is happening.
May you help me please ?
<<

MiRai

User avatar

Vibrant Videographer

Posts: 2856

Joined: Fri Nov 20, 2009 3:30 pm

Post Wed Jan 10, 2018 10:10 am

Re: About your video on gathering

The most obvious question is going to be... Did you assign something, in ISBoxer, to the "I" key, with or without modifiers? If you used a key bind already assigned in game, then ISBoxer has to fight against that and can end up losing. On the other hand, if you assigned something to, say... Shift+I, and it's a macro, you'd need to do a /reload in game before the changes took effect (or you've disabled the ISBoxer add-on).

If none of the above is true, then share your profile.
<<

Hilkarus

Posts: 37

Joined: Wed Jan 10, 2018 3:22 am

Post Wed Jan 10, 2018 2:33 pm

Re: About your video on gathering

Hello,

Thanks for your fast reply. Of course I checked ingame if the "i" key was assigned to an action but it is not. Also, since I am just starting using ISBoxer to multibox, I only followed the instructions for setting up Interact with Target and Gathering. And I setup by myself the Window Layouts.
So here is the link for my shared profile : https://pastebin.com/cGyE4fdX

Thank you very much for your help.
<<

MiRai

User avatar

Vibrant Videographer

Posts: 2856

Joined: Fri Nov 20, 2009 3:30 pm

Post Wed Jan 10, 2018 2:57 pm

Re: About your video on gathering

So, this might sound like an odd question, but is the LFR/LFD panel actually bound to "I" in your game client? If you disable Key Maps, and then press the following keys, what happens?

I
Alt+H
Alt+F9

Do any of these open up the LFR/LFD panel with Key Maps disabled?

EDIT: In addition, that Window Layout isn't going to work properly (with broadcasting) because the aspect ratio is not the same across all of your regions.
<<

Hilkarus

Posts: 37

Joined: Wed Jan 10, 2018 3:22 am

Post Wed Jan 10, 2018 3:37 pm

Re: About your video on gathering

MiRai wrote:So, this might sound like an odd question, but is the LFR/LFD panel actually bound to "I" in your game client?


Yes the "i" key is bound to LFR/LFD ingame

MiRai wrote:If you disable Key Maps, and then press the following keys, what happens?

I


It opens LFR/LFD

MiRai wrote:Alt+H


It broadcasts what I do to the clones. I have to use ALT+h again to shutdown broadcast

MiRai wrote:Alt+F9


It sets to View to SetView(4)

MiRai wrote:Do any of these open up the LFR/LFD panel with Key Maps disabled?


The "i" key does

MiRai wrote:EDIT: In addition, that Window Layout isn't going to work properly (with broadcasting) because the aspect ratio is not the same across all of your regions.


I will have a look at this then. Thanks
<<

MiRai

User avatar

Vibrant Videographer

Posts: 2856

Joined: Fri Nov 20, 2009 3:30 pm

Post Wed Jan 10, 2018 4:22 pm

Re: About your video on gathering

Well, ISBoxer is only sending Alt+H and Shift+F9, that's it. Based on your profile, I cannot tell you why the "I" key is also being sent along with everything else.

The next test would be to open up the chat window on all of your game clients, and then, with Key Maps enabled, use MouseWheelUp. Does it repeatedly enter "I" into the chat window?
<<

Hilkarus

Posts: 37

Joined: Wed Jan 10, 2018 3:22 am

Post Wed Jan 10, 2018 4:25 pm

Re: About your video on gathering

MiRai wrote:Well, ISBoxer is only sending Alt+H and Shift+F9, that's it. Based on your profile, I cannot tell you why the "I" key is also being sent along with everything else.

The next test would be to open up the chat window on all of your game clients, and then, with Key Maps enabled, use MouseWheelUp. Does it repeatedly enter "I" into the chat window?


MouseWheelUp only enters "h" each time I use it in this case
<<

MiRai

User avatar

Vibrant Videographer

Posts: 2856

Joined: Fri Nov 20, 2009 3:30 pm

Post Wed Jan 10, 2018 4:30 pm

Re: About your video on gathering

So, just to be 100% clear, when you say LFR/LFD pane, you are referring to the "Dungeons & Raids" tab, or are you referring to the "Player vs. Player" tab? These are two different tabs in the same "pane" which use two different binds: "I" and "H."
<<

Hilkarus

Posts: 37

Joined: Wed Jan 10, 2018 3:22 am

Post Wed Jan 10, 2018 4:49 pm

Re: About your video on gathering

MiRai wrote:So, just to be 100% clear, when you say LFR/LFD pane, you are referring to the "Dungeons & Raids" tab, or are you referring to the "Player vs. Player" tab? These are two different tabs in the same "pane" which use two different binds: "I" and "H."


Oh yes you are right. It opens the PvP tab
<<

MiRai

User avatar

Vibrant Videographer

Posts: 2856

Joined: Fri Nov 20, 2009 3:30 pm

Post Wed Jan 10, 2018 5:01 pm

Re: About your video on gathering

Right, so I'm going to assume that Alt+H isn't bound to anything in game. If it was bound to something, then whatever it was bound to would fire off, but in this case, because Alt+H isn't bound to anything (e.g. Interact with Mouseover), the modifier gets dropped and the "H" key is sent to the game clients, which is what is causing the PvP pane to open.

Based on your current profile you're going to have a difficult time binding Alt+H to anything because it's currently set as a Hotkey, in ISBoxer, in the "Always On" Key Map. You've set up both the basic Repeater method, as well as the custom Mapped Key SetView method, and if you want to continue to use the custom Mapped Key that is bound to MouseWheelUp, then you need to remove the Hotkey on "Activate Mouse Repeat." Then, bind Alt+H to Interact with Mouseover, and enjoy gathering on your team.
Next

Return to World of Warcraft

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 4 guests