FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

UI mods for multiboxing

Moderator: MiRai

<<

OzHawkeye

Post Mon Apr 12, 2010 8:42 am

Re: UI mods for multiboxing

I tend to keep my clients fairly plain.

Jamba (of course), DBM, Auctioneer on my main and my Auction alt, Informant etc.

I was using Bartender4, but I found a really unusual behaviour with it that I couldn't fathom nor fix. Some of my Action Bars started duplicating action bar 1. If I removed the duplicated spells from the other action bar, it'd then remove them from Action Bar1! I eventually had to disable the mod.

With click and cast sequences and the like, I'm finding (so far anyway) that I can easily accomodate all the keys I need in Blizz' standard bars anyway (all Paladin team helps I guess).
<<

nightshift

Post Wed Sep 22, 2010 1:57 pm

I started using an all in one with a few things added to it that I like. It seems to use the screen area better, I seem to get better frame rates with it, it has all the stuff I need except for a few things. I turned off the skada add-on, used bagnon instead. Added Jamba of course, Altaholic, NPCScan, Auctioneer, stuff like that. I turn off the add-ons for the alts that the alts don't need.

The website is http://www.wow-lui.com/
<<

Boxstar

Post Sat Dec 04, 2010 9:52 am

nightshift wrote:I started using an all in one with a few things added to it that I like. It seems to use the screen area better, I seem to get better frame rates with it, it has all the stuff I need except for a few things. I turned off the skada add-on, used bagnon instead. Added Jamba of course, Altaholic, NPCScan, Auctioneer, stuff like that. I turn off the add-ons for the alts that the alts don't need.

The website is http://www.wow-lui.com/

Jamba stops working for me if I use this Add-On. Any ideas how to fix it?
<<

Tin

Post Sun Dec 05, 2010 3:30 pm

YouArentInAPartyFix that is in Lui that breaks Jamba

http://web3.india025.server4you.de/board/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=4654&start=0
<<

JackBurton

Post Thu Dec 30, 2010 4:14 pm

http://wow.curse.com/downloads/wow-addo ... /gtfo.aspx
GTFO
audible alarm when your steping in AoE. To hear the sounds of your slaves ensure you enable it. You can do this by going to the login screen. Go to options. Select Sound. and in teh center column ensure that "sound in backround" is checked. Turn off all music and sound except i think sound effects or Ambient Sounds. Im leaning on Sound Effects. Im lazy and just left both on.
<<

Glenni

Post Wed Feb 02, 2011 4:24 am

I use an edited TukUI, jamba and the most obvious things :)
<<

arkraven

Post Tue Mar 08, 2011 12:29 pm

ohhh i likey your edited tukui, is it easy to put jamba and recount into it?

i've not had alook since i am a bit of a nub at times with these things, and have been know to mess everything up!
<<

mjcompgeek

Post Tue Jan 29, 2013 11:34 pm

I know this is an old post, but I thought some current addons updated for MoP would be appropriate. So, here is the list of addons I use.

UI Frames: Xperl (but I am slowly moving over to Shadowed Unit Frames because Xperl seems to be having some issues and SuF is a lot more resource friendly)
Bars: Bartender and Cooldowns (Cooldowns gives you a number directly on the bar showing the CD left, fully customizable)
Jamba - of course
Bags: Bagnon (Makes all bags show as one large frame, searchable, also stores your bank so you can look at anytime what you have in there)
GTFO - mentioned before, but it is amazing
DBM - I am actually in a guild that requires the use of DBM for raiding, so I have always had it on.

Some others not really for boxing but that I use:
Postal: allows opening all mail at once, can't live without it, saves previously mailed names, and also allows you to look at all alts/friends/guild members and select one
Carbonite: Lots of work being put into this old addon. Vast improvement, updates are fairly common now (disclaimer: I am actually helping with testing of this addon)
Moveanything: Addon that lets you, well, move anything on the screen. Takes a bit to get used to how to work it, but once again, can't live without it.

I don't have any screenshots of me boxing, but the next time I do I will take a few and post them here.
<<

Alge

League of Extraordinary Multiboxers

Post Wed Jan 30, 2013 2:36 am

Nice thread necro.

I would have to say the one addon that instantly made me a better boxer was GTFO.
<<

mjcompgeek

Post Wed Jan 30, 2013 7:27 pm

Yeah, I know it was an older thread, but at the same time, it was only like 3 down the list. Kind of shows how active the WoW forum is.

Anyway, here is a shot of my Monk team. My alts are on 2 other screens on the same computer, and I haven't bothered to set up isboxer to take a screen shot across all of them. So, you only get to see my view from the main.

As you can see, I try and go for simplicity in a UI for boxing. Addons visible are Shadowed Unit Frames, Bartender, Skada damage meter, and Jamba. Skada only runs on my main, to save resources.

A note on the team, and I have found this to be an overall good comp. Main is Tank, B and E are Heals, C and D are DPS. They all have amazing AoE abilities, and the 2 as heals create enough passive healing while DPSing for instances.

My 1,2,3 buttons are my primary spammers on all 5 toons, with castsequence macros. the other buttons are situational.
PreviousNext

Return to World of Warcraft