FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

Multiboxing Retail (not classic)

Moderator: MiRai

<<

Sharku

Post Sat Nov 09, 2019 4:56 am

Multiboxing Retail (not classic)

Hi i looked already few times in google but i still don´t found a clear anwser how restricted multiboxing is in the actual wow expansion

I multiboxed just in classic the last few months. Now i am planning to move to the retail Version. But PvP is important for me. I am planning to use just 3 chars.
Someone said there is no follow anymore in BG´s? and whats about Arena?
I Know already about the limitations on pvp in warmode. i can handle the break follow when the combat starts. Interact with target is then enough.

I would really appreciate some info before i start leveling and later regret it. :?
<<

bob

League of Extraordinary Multiboxers

Post Sat Nov 09, 2019 5:25 am

Re: Multiboxing Retail (not classic)

Multiboxing is not restricted in Retail, just like it is not restricted in Classic. Both are totally allowed.

However, there are certain game functions which behave differently between the Classic and Retail.
1. Focus totally works in Retail. Not a thing in Classic.
2. Follow has been disabled in particular areas in Retail.
(note: when MiRai fixes it, this will actually display something).

• Follow does not work in a Battleground (this includes Arenas) since March 2013.
  • Follow does not work in PVP combat (toons in combat cannot follow other toons and toons in combat cannot be followed by other toons).
  • Warmode is NOT PVP combat. It just enables the ability to engage in PVP combat outside of gated areas. Your War Mode status does not [directly] affect Follow.
  • Some NPCs are considered PVP combat when you take them on.
<<

Sharku

Post Sat Nov 09, 2019 5:43 am

Re: Multiboxing Retail (not classic)

thank you for you detailed and clear reply!
i will look for a good work arround for moving in battlegrounds. i guess the solution is something with click to move.

Return to World of Warcraft