FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

Video FX

Moderator: MiRai

<<

relbain

Post Sun Oct 27, 2019 7:25 am

Video FX

I am new to using Isboxer still, but seem to be having an issue. I have been running 2 characters in classic wow, warrior,shaman. I have always set the shamans heals on a shift+ so that I can target someone in the group and heal. This doesn't always work because the shaman likes to heal himself. I ran into a 5 man team and was asking how he heals and he told me to set up my video fx. Well long story short 4 hours of trying and I can't get video fx to appear. Using the default shift+control+alt+g to bring up the window will only show the words showing UI. When these words appear I can not interact with anything on the screen.

I read through the forums and someone mentioned turning video fx to true in the windows layout. Tried that but now it leaves a black screen that I can not click through or see anything even after the game is closed.

Thanks for the help with this.
<<

bob

League of Extraordinary Multiboxers

Post Sun Oct 27, 2019 1:17 pm

Re: Video FX

relbain wrote:Using the default shift+control+alt+g to bring up the window will only show the words showing UI. When these words appear I can not interact with anything on the screen.
When the words appear you are supposed to create the VideoFX sources/viewers. If you are unable to interact with the elements, you probably are running the game in DirectX11 or DirectX12 mode. You will need to reconfig to run in DirectX11 Legacy.

relbain wrote:I read through the forums and someone mentioned turning video fx to true in the windows layout. Tried that but now it leaves a black screen that I can not click through or see anything even after the game is closed.
The black screen is a DXNothing. Which is a DirectX surface for displaying videofx viewers. If you don't see anything on it, then some of the above may apply too.

You can close it after the games have closed by using ALT+F4.
<<

relbain

Post Sun Oct 27, 2019 9:55 pm

Re: Video FX

In classic I do not seem to have the option in menu<advanced<graphic to let me switch from directx12 to directx11 legacy. I was able to switch it in the retail version but not in classic.

Return to World of Warcraft