FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

Random disconnects and latency problems

Moderator: MiRai

<<

ThaSpike

Post Fri Jul 19, 2019 8:11 pm

Random disconnects and latency problems

Have some weird issues I can't figure out that have been plaguing us since we started playing again after moving house/country.

1) When I log in with a team, almost always, within 1-2 minutes, a few of the chars get disconnected. Always different chars.
2) While playing after different time intervals, sometimes only 20 minutes, sometimes not before at least an hour has passed, my latency suddenly starts increasing from the usual 45-50 ms to 500, 1000, 1500 or even more, making the game unplayable. When I exit all game instances completely and then restart the team all is fine again for a given period.

Both problems happen both on my and on my wife's system.

I have till now not been able to figure out what is causing this, but it's very annoying.
I have an "otherwise" stable, fully wired 20 Mb DSL internet connection.

Any help is appreciated.

sPˊ!ˋKe
<<

Wizeowel

Post Mon Jul 22, 2019 3:38 am

Re: Random disconnects and latency problems

ThaSpike wrote:1) When I log in with a team, almost always, within 1-2 minutes, a few of the chars get disconnected. Always different chars.
2) While playing after different time intervals, sometimes only 20 minutes, sometimes not before at least an hour has passed, my latency suddenly starts increasing from the usual 45-50 ms to 500, 1000, 1500 or even more, making the game unplayable. When I exit all game instances completely and then restart the team all is fine again for a given period.

1. Known issue, very annoying. Happens to most I think. I started logging my toons individually in the hope that I'd get less problems, but doesn't really help. Then realised it's quicker to log all 5 quickly, invite team, start doing stuff and relog the 1-2 that disconnect later.

2. Probably you are using dx12? Without some careful adjustment of various settings dx12 will eat up VRAM until over-full and start swapping to system RAM which causes the latency.
Try changing all chars to dx11-legacy.

Return to World of Warcraft