FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

Sometimes casters assist, sometimes they don't.

Moderator: MiRai

<<

alffonzy

Post Tue Oct 16, 2018 10:02 am

Sometimes casters assist, sometimes they don't.

The profile I'm currently working with is called "Priest." I have two other moonkins that follow me around. I'm having difficulty getting some of the commands to work even when they are facing the target. For example, when I throw a dot onto a mob using control+9, Sometimes they will cast, sometimes they won't. I have a lot of bindings with control+keys. These seem to be the problematic ones. When I play the slave on my own, the keys work. But sometimes they don't when I play the master, Federica. I tend to hold control while pressing a number of keys because of my mouse. For example, when I cast, I will hold control, press 9, continue holding control, press 8, and so on. Maybe that is somehow the issue?

When I play my feral druids with my "Treesome" profile, I have no issues at all. All keybindings work correctly. Here is a copy of my profile settings:

https://pastebin.com/J149tKWC

Any ideas what the issue might be?
<<

MiRai

Vibrant Videographer

Post Tue Oct 16, 2018 11:54 am

Re: Sometimes casters assist, sometimes they don't.

alffonzy wrote:Any ideas what the issue might be?

I would guess it's a side effect of having half of your Mapped Keys perform an auto-assist, while the other half don't.

You've set up your Mapped Keys in "Custom Hotkeys" as a "Straight Key Broadcast," which, by design doesn't include assist, and the "Assist and Broadcast" type would have been a better choice when creating those Mapped Keys.

However, you didn't have to specifically create many of those Mapped Keys yourself because the Quick Setup Wizard already created them for you, and placed them in the "Combat Broadcast Hotkeys" Key Map. So, you have a few options:

1) Delete all of those user-created Mapped Keys in "Custom Hotkeys" that are for modifer+number, and recreate them using the "Assist and Broadcast" Mapped Key type in the Mapped Key Wizard.

2) Delete all of those user-created Mapped Keys in "Custom Hotkeys" that are for modifer+number, and then just assign the proper Hotkey to those in "Combat Broadcast Hotkeys" instead.

3) Press your assist Hotkey (Alt+A) prior to casting any of your user-created Mapped Keys in "Custom Hotkeys."
<<

alffonzy

Post Tue Oct 16, 2018 1:36 pm

Re: Sometimes casters assist, sometimes they don't.

MiRai wrote:
alffonzy wrote:Any ideas what the issue might be?

I would guess it's a side effect of having half of your Mapped Keys perform an auto-assist, while the other half don't.

You've set up your Mapped Keys in "Custom Hotkeys" as a "Straight Key Broadcast," which, by design doesn't include assist, and the "Assist and Broadcast" type would have been a better choice when creating those Mapped Keys.

However, you didn't have to specifically create many of those Mapped Keys yourself because the Quick Setup Wizard already created them for you, and placed them in the "Combat Broadcast Hotkeys" Key Map. So, you have a few options:

1) Delete all of those user-created Mapped Keys in "Custom Hotkeys" that are for modifer+number, and recreate them using the "Assist and Broadcast" Mapped Key type in the Mapped Key Wizard.

2) Delete all of those user-created Mapped Keys in "Custom Hotkeys" that are for modifer+number, and then just assign the proper Hotkey to those in "Combat Broadcast Hotkeys" instead.

3) Press your assist Hotkey (Alt+A) prior to casting any of your user-created Mapped Keys in "Custom Hotkeys."

Thanks! That solved the issue!

Return to World of Warcraft