FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

Disable actions for current window

Moderator: MiRai

<<

piegarden

Post Sun Jun 24, 2018 5:42 pm

Disable actions for current window

Would like to be able to disable a keymap for the currently window in focus. What would be the cleanest method to do this?
<<

bob

League of Extraordinary Multiboxers

Post Sun Jun 24, 2018 5:59 pm

Re: Disable actions for current window

That really depends.

Do you want the Mapped Keys in the Key Map to execute when you press the hotkey for them, regardless of what the target is. i.e. when the current window is active, then all the mapped keys with hotkeys DO NOT WORK FOR ANYBODY? If so, then use a Key Map State Action.
If this Key Map is part of a virtualized configuration and will be executing simultaneously on all toons, and you don't want the current toon to do anything, then, also use a Key Map State Action (although for most virtualization setups, this is overkill and you usually want to disable specific mapped keys via Mapped Key State Actions.
If you still want the mapped keys to execute for the other toons, then we are really talking about Mapped Keys, and not Key Maps.

So, lets talk about Mapped Keys instead.

Do you want the Mapped Key to still fire for the other windows when you have disabled it on the current window? If so, then you don't really want to disable the mapped key on the current window, as that will prevent the HotKey from firing. What you are really trying to do is change the TARGET of the mapped key so it excludes the current window. Now, how to do that, depends on something else. Is this temporary or always. If the former, then you need an Action Target Group, and you add/remove members to the group using Target Group Actions. If the latter, then it is easier, just take the existing Target and append a "&~self" to it.
<<

piegarden

Post Sun Jun 24, 2018 6:42 pm

Thanks a bunch for the help. I suppose my scenario might be a bit unique; let me elaborate.

I am using the pro setup and within certain mapped keys in the class specific keymaps (ie damage rotation) I have "interact with target" variable keystroke actions.

This is great for when I am not using those characters directly (aren't the current window in focus) because they automatically walk over and fight whatever is currently targeted as long as I am pushing those keys. But when I do have one of those characters selected as the current window, I have to stop using those keys to reposition the character or my movement keys fight the interact with target.

I want to disable interact with target, but only for the currently active window in focus.

I am also worried about what this might do if I am not in combat and want to use interact with target to interact with a friendly NPC.

I hope this wasn't too confusing, its partially why I didn't lay it all out from the start. Having a hard time figuring out a solution.

Thanks again.
<<

bob

League of Extraordinary Multiboxers

Post Sun Jun 24, 2018 7:33 pm

Yeah, it's not all that different.

So, if you are using the same IWT mapped key as you normally use when you press the IWT hotkey, then it will be problematic. If it is a different one, not so much.

A different mapped key, you would just disable that mapped key when you switch a window to be current, and renable it when another window is current.

E.g. a Mapped Key State Action plugged into a mapped key which runs when a window is "activated" that disables that mapped key for the current window and enables it for all others.

If it is the same mapped key as gets run by the standard IWT mapped key, then it gets a bit tricky, unless you were calling it via a mapped key chain (i.e. a class key map mapped key, which calls another intermediary mapped key, which calls the IWT mapped key), and then you do the same as the above, but disable the mapped key in the middle.
<<

piegarden

Post Mon Jun 25, 2018 3:43 am

That works wonderfully, thanks so much. :D :D :D
<<

MiRai

Vibrant Videographer

Post Mon Jun 25, 2018 8:23 am

Perhaps I've missed something, but I would suggest that you don't send IWT in your class Key Maps. Those Key Maps are meant to send what an individual character would be doing throughout a fight, whereas IWT is something that more than one character could be doing at any given time.

Instead send IWT from the Mapped Keys in the "Combat Hotkeys" Key Map, and then you can set a proper Target of "All w/o Current" (preferably with a melee-specific ATG) so that the active window doesn't have to do the unnecessary dance of enabling and disabling Mapped Keys on the fly.
<<

piegarden

Post Fri Jul 06, 2018 2:57 pm

Thanks MiRai. That does the same thing but now I don't have to switch windows after launch to ensure all the IWT toggles are in sync. :D

Return to World of Warcraft