FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

Issue to launch a 5Group character set

Moderator: MiRai

<<

costalfs

Post Sat Oct 21, 2017 6:07 pm

Issue to launch a 5Group character set

Hi, guys.

Hate to bug about it, but I have tried a couple things and it's taking long to solve it by myself.

When I attempt to launch a 5 Character set, it won't open all windows correctly. The scenario varies.

Code:
1. Sometimes it will open the first window, place it at the wrong place (slightly to the right instead of the left top corner) and won't open any other window.

2. It might open 2 or three windows correctly and then it will place the next window over the main one (slightly to the right) and won't let any other window open.

3. Sometimes when I entirely reboot the machine, it will let me launch an entire character set without issues, but when I close it and attempt to launch another one, it will present the previously mentioned issues. Not even the original one (that worked before) will open right again after it starts.

By reading the posts in the forum, it seems to me that sending a diagnostics is the fastest/best way to understand what's going on (what might be conflicting with innerspace), hence, here it goes.

Thanks in advance for your help!
Attachments
Diagnostics.txt
(47.02 KiB) Downloaded 433 times
<<

bob

League of Extraordinary Multiboxers

Post Sat Oct 21, 2017 6:34 pm

Re: Issue to launch a 5Group character set

There are a bunch of immediate choices of things that are hooking the game.
  • GAS Tecnologia LTDA Diebold Warsaw
  • ASUS Sonic Suite 2
  • RivaTuner Statistics Server

You should try without these running/installed.
<<

costalfs

Post Sat Oct 21, 2017 9:51 pm

bob wrote:There are a bunch of immediate choices of things that are hooking the game.
  • GAS Tecnologia LTDA Diebold Warsaw
  • ASUS Sonic Suite 2
  • RivaTuner Statistics Server

You should try without these running/installed.

WOW!!! Outstanding! You totally nailed it, Bob!
If you don't mind, what exactly in the diagnostics pointed you to those?
There are so many entries there for processes running that I wasn't able to distinguish what was doing good or bad.

Thanks a lot for the quick and accurate response!!
<<

bob

League of Extraordinary Multiboxers

Post Sun Oct 22, 2017 5:26 am

One of the first things we look for is what is loading into the game process itself that is not part of the game or standard Windows libraries; so the second half of the diagnostics.

Code:
43. C:\Program Files\Diebold\Warsaw\wslbscrwh64.dll [1.0.0.321] [GAS Tecnologia LTDA] [GAS Tecnologia - Protection Module]
51. C:\Program Files\ASUSTeKcomputer.Inc\SS2\UserInterface\x64\SS2OSD.dll [3/16/2016 3:19:43 PM]
52. C:\Program Files\ASUSTeKcomputer.Inc\SS2\UserInterface\x64\SS2DevProps.dll [3/16/2016 3:19:37 PM]
53. C:\Program Files (x86)\RivaTuner Statistics Server\RTSSHooks64.dll [4/8/2017 2:35:37 PM]

Some of these, like RTSS and Sonic Suite, should be compatible now, with the work that Lax has been doing. The Diebold thingy is a new one I've not come across before.

But once we notice things like this, the best place to start from is having nothing hooking the game process, and if that works, put them back on one by one and see when it stops. If we know what is causing the issue, then it can be added to the list of things to determine whether compatibility can be organised. Some things probably wont ever be compatible, but common things, like RTSS and Sonic Suite should be.
<<

costalfs

Post Sun Oct 22, 2017 10:55 am

Got it! Thanks again for the response, Bob. My ever curious mind appreciates it! :)
I tested them one by one to help figure out which one(s) would be the culprit and it's definitely RivaTuner. It comes with my MSI Afterburner to provide stats on FPS, CPU and RAM usage as well as Temperatures and such (but you definitely know that already LOL).
All I have to do now to have it running smoothly is shutdown afterburner and rivaturner.

Here goes the version I'm using in case it helps for possible future compatibility checks.
RivaTuner 7.0.0 Beta 19

Hope it helps!

Time to multibox like crazy now :)
<<

MiRai

Vibrant Videographer

Post Sun Oct 22, 2017 12:35 pm

costalfs wrote:Here goes the version I'm using in case it helps for possible future compatibility checks.
RivaTuner 7.0.0 Beta 19

RTSS is currently on Beta 30. I would recommend allowing the program to check for updates, specifically for beta versions seeing as they seem to be pushing tons of beta builds at the moment.

I'll add that I'm using RTSS with MSI AB and launching WoW through Inner Space, and am not having any issues, so I'd suggest updating.
<<

costalfs

Post Sun Oct 22, 2017 8:56 pm

Hey, MiRai.

Thanks!! That was a great catch! I usually try to keep everything up to date, but somehow RivaTuner was really unchecked for the update verification.
I have updated it to the latest version now and the same situation takes place. Innerspace will only work normally when I close RivaTuner.
A new post Riva update diagnostics follows attached just in case.

At the end, I'm just happy it's working and It won't hurt leaving RivaTuner down while multiboxing (at least until the next wow release, when anything is possible for usage, temps and such :) )

Apppreciate all the help and quick responses, guys.
Attachments
Diagnostics2.txt
Diagnostics with RivaTuner 7.0.0 Beta 30
(32.17 KiB) Downloaded 475 times
<<

MiRai

Vibrant Videographer

Post Sun Oct 22, 2017 9:56 pm

Well, I'm going to guess that either your RTSS settings are different than mine (here's what I use), or that you have multiple processes trying to load into the game, and Inner Space isn't agreeing with all of them doing it together. You have a lot of things running in the background, but I would start by shutting these down to see if it allows RTSS to load:

Code:
37. GameScannerService.exe - Process ID: 3920 (C:\Program Files (x86)\Razer\Razer Services\GSS\GameScannerService.exe) [Admin:NO] [x86] [1.0.6.2843] [GameScannerService]

81. RazerIngameEngine.exe - Process ID: 2428 (C:\Program Files (x86)\Razer\InGameEngine\32bit\RazerIngameEngine.exe) [Admin:NO] [x86] [1.0.12.10166] [Razer, Inc.] [RazerIngameEngine]

87. rzcefrenderprocess.exe - Process ID: 8924 (C:\Users\costa\AppData\Local\razer\InGameEngine\cache\RzSynapse\RzCefRenderProcess.exe) [Admin:NO] [x86] [1.0.12.10166] [Razer, Inc.] [Razer Chromium Render Process]

88. RzSynapse.exe - Process ID: 15340 (C:\Program Files (x86)\Razer\Synapse\RzSynapse.exe) [Admin:NO] [x86] [2.21.00.830] [Razer Inc.] [Razer Synapse]

Otherwise, here's the full list of processes that you can try shutting down to see what might be interfering with RTSS.
<<

costalfs

Post Mon Oct 30, 2017 1:09 pm

Thanks for the response and apologies for the delay. Rough days at work.

I am using the very same version you are but for some strange reason, it would only run succesfully with RTSS shut down.
Good news is that the latest release has fixed it all and it's all running smooth and great again without any issues. Even with RTSS up.

Appreciate all the help and assistance, guys!!

I guess we can close the topic, as no issue remains.

Return to World of Warcraft