FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

Some questions from a newcomer to multiboxing

Moderator: MiRai

<<

Cynicz

Post Sun Aug 28, 2016 2:07 pm

Some questions from a newcomer to multiboxing

Hello guys, I am recently starting wow again and wanted to try my hand in multiboxing. I am far from computer illiterate however the multiple tiers to ISPro is really hurting my head. I have severe ADD and have spent like the last week trying to get my boxing set up. Throughout this week I have watched the 5 part tutorial series like 3-4 times and truthfully getting overly stressed and end up quiting for the night telling myself I will finish configuring stuff tomorrow. I have literally only setup a jump on all instances key and a instant invite (combined with jamba) and a follow master. Yet I still have problems with even the following command. I have several questions and was hoping for some input and advice.

1.) I have a follow master hotkey setup, sometimes it works perfect and other times it doesn't. It seems like every 3-5 minutes itll happen to a slave were they get like bugged. On the slave's screen it will show them following the master, but on any of the other slaves and the master screen they are standing still. I have to logout and re-login to fix it and a simple /reload does nothing. Then I will get them all following properly again and less than 5 minutes later it happens on another slave.

2.) I recently purchased a Razer orbweaver and Razer naga in hopes of complimenting my multiboxing. I wanted to set my utilities to the mouse such as invite party, follow master, mount up, open all bags, interact with target, etc. Then set the orbweaver up to use the thumbstick as movement and like 6 of the keys for skills and such. However when running the Razer Synapse software, any instance of wow i open through inner space just instantly hangs and crashes. The only way for me right now to open ISBoxer is to close razer synapse, load my boxes, then relogin to the razer software. Is there a way to fix this?

3.) This question and the next are the 2 biggest ones that are stressing me out lol. Do you guys use many ingame hotkeys or do you use ISBoxer to relay /cast commands for your rotations? Also do you setup like 1 hotkey one-shot style macros? so you just press for instance 1 over and over with no variety and it casts the optimal sequence on all your toons? Then have 2 for say aoe etc.

4.) What is your typical usage of hotkeys like i feel like what im thinking is wayyy too drawn out and too many keys. Here is the scenario im thinking and trying to figure out how to make it alot less keystrokes.
a.) Follow master to the NPC
b.) Break follow on slaves
c.) Finish running with tank to npc to get aggro first and attack
d.) IWT hotkey for slaves to start attacking
e.) start mashing your ST/AoE skill depending on mob count until they are dead
e.1) if mob moves out of line of sight, have to see which toon isnt attacking and rotate their camera accordingly and move them back in range to finish combat.
f.) IWT again to make all toons loot
g.) re-follow command
I feel like this is highly innefficient and I am overlooking an important part of ISBoxer
<<

bob

League of Extraordinary Multiboxers

Post Sun Aug 28, 2016 2:37 pm

Re: Some questions from a newcomer to multiboxing

1. This is the "new" implementation of blizzards cross realm zoning. It's pretty broke. The "best" fix when it occurs is to log out the problem toon(s) and log them back in again.
  2. Sucky. Try disabling the Overlay features of the Razer software. It's on the todo list to look into it. You might try removing the scanner services too if disabling the overlay doesn't resolve it.
  3. Depends. The Pro system (Virtualization) makes it much easier to setup a single hotkey (or two) that rotates through a series of actions, and have each toon do individual actions specific to their rotation. You can do the same thing with out using the pro system, it is just not as easy to maintain in the long run. The Pro system also allows you to bring Action Timers into the mix to help with your rotation management. Again you can do it without the Pro system, it is just harder to maintain. Check out this post and linked video for a look at what I mean (although WoW manages things much better without them anyway as you can do some funky stuff with the in game macros).
  4. Nope, that is about it. You have to remember it is fairly inefficient to be dragging around a bunch of retarded bricks behind you, so the process of telling them what to do is never going to be easy.
<<

Malixk

Post Sat Oct 15, 2016 7:05 pm

Re: Some questions from a newcomer to multiboxing

bob wrote:retarded bricks behind you
lawl!! but very correct thou, but in time your muscle memory is cutting time down ;) and i no longer think about follow or iwt. shit even when i solo i push follow :lol:

Return to World of Warcraft