FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

New to Boxing

Moderator: MiRai

<<

wingsta

Post Sat Feb 06, 2016 1:22 am

New to Boxing

Hello peeps,

I have joined the ISBoxer craze and did a quick setup on two accounts to see how it all works. Seems to work great and to get myself into it with Gnome Sequencer I'm going to try 4 hunters, 4 warlocks or 4 ele shamans haven't decided yet. I have a main account with a resto druid and disc priest already so I thought I can add a healer in later if I need to make it a 5 man team. The questions I had where:

1) I can IWT fine but it doesn't pick up or turn in the quest with the click through?
2) Also what do people do about the cost? Don't flame me lol I'm 44 with a wife, job, mortgage etc. so I'm not saying I can't afford it what I'm asking is how people afford to run the 5 accounts? Do you just suck it up and pay for it? Or do people farm some dungeons to make enough gold to pay for the 5 subscriptions? I'm asking because if I can make 100k a month easily by farming level 90 or 100 dungeons with a 5man team then I'll sign up tomorrow.

Anyway was just after some advice from people that are already doing this. Thanking you in advance.
<<

MiRai

Vibrant Videographer

Post Sun Feb 07, 2016 3:41 am

Re: New to Boxing

wingsta wrote:1) I can IWT fine but it doesn't pick up or turn in the quest with the click through?

I'm not entirely sure what you're asking here, but Interact with Target simply interacts with your selected target (i.e. right-clicks the target)—it does not assist with navigating through an NPC's dialog pane. Normally, people enable Repeater (also referred to as "broadcasting;" Shift+Alt+R, by default) to do that across several characters at once, or, alternatively, I believe you can use the add-on JAMBA to help assist with that.

wingsta wrote:2) Also what do people do about the cost? Don't flame me lol I'm 44 with a wife, job, mortgage etc. so I'm not saying I can't afford it what I'm asking is how people afford to run the 5 accounts? Do you just suck it up and pay for it? Or do people farm some dungeons to make enough gold to pay for the 5 subscriptions? I'm asking because if I can make 100k a month easily by farming level 90 or 100 dungeons with a 5man team then I'll sign up tomorrow.

Everyone pays for their accounts differently, but I'd imagine most just pay out of pocket for them since $75/month really isn't all that much for a hobby—especially one that you get unlimited access to for 30 days at time. :) However, there are plenty of multiboxers who do pay for their subscriptions by purchasing the WoW token, but since Blizzard implemented a limit to how many tokens one can purchase across an entire Battle.net account in a given period of time, that means you'll be paying out of pocket at some point, regardless.
<<

bob

League of Extraordinary Multiboxers

Post Sun Feb 07, 2016 4:25 am

MiRai wrote:
wingsta wrote:2) Also what do people do about the cost? Don't flame me lol I'm 44 with a wife, job, mortgage etc. so I'm not saying I can't afford it what I'm asking is how people afford to run the 5 accounts? Do you just suck it up and pay for it? Or do people farm some dungeons to make enough gold to pay for the 5 subscriptions? I'm asking because if I can make 100k a month easily by farming level 90 or 100 dungeons with a 5man team then I'll sign up tomorrow.

Everyone pays for their accounts differently, but I'd imagine most just pay out of pocket for them since $75/month really isn't all that much for a hobby—especially one that you get unlimited access to for 30 days at time. :) However, there are plenty of multiboxers who do pay for their subscriptions by purchasing the WoW token, but since Blizzard implemented a limit to how many tokens one can purchase across an entire Battle.net account in a given period of time, that means you'll be paying out of pocket at some point, regardless.

I believe the limit on tokens is 36 per 24 month period, per battle.net account, so you could potentially token it all the way if your 5 game accounts are spread over 5 battle.net accounts. If you are planning on doing this, then you should have it done before purchasing any tokens, as they don't pro-rata the token purchases across your split accounts.

Some people spend $75 on coffee at Starbucks (or your local equivalent) in a week (I think that works out to 3 per day?), and buy their lunches at work ($10 per day/$50 per week), so changing of a few habits can easily leave some people with extra cash. I'm not saying you are part of this mould, just saying that people fritter money away like water (another dumb purchase in the western world), and then complain about how expensive everything is.
<<

wingsta

Post Sun Feb 07, 2016 4:35 am

Thanks for the reply everyone. I will try the broadcasting again and or Jamba. As for the accounts I guess $75 p/m isn't that bad if 5 boxing is as fun as it looks. I was just going to do 5 or 4 of the same toon and do a script macro through gnome sequencer. I'm assuming that's the easiest way to start?
<<

bob

League of Extraordinary Multiboxers

Post Sun Feb 07, 2016 4:39 am

The "easiest" way is usually to roll 5 of the same toons, and then setup the skills on the action bar to be the same. By default ISBoxer will setup keys 1 to = to all Assist + Broadcast the key when you press it, so you start out with 12 skills (or spaces for skills) that will work right out of the box.

Think of this as a practice run :). As you can play starter accounts to lvl 20, it is worth using them initially and stomping your way through while you learn the basics and idiosyncrasies of managing a team with 1 smart guy up front and 4 morons trailing behind.
<<

wingsta

Post Mon Feb 08, 2016 12:37 am

Hey Bob thanks. I setup Jamba and turned on auto accept quests and setup IWT through ISboxer and WOW all working fantastic. Only trialing it with 2 toons so far but if I cant get it smooth from 1-20 I will for out the cash and pew pew 5 man :)
<<

magickmann

Post Wed Feb 10, 2016 3:24 pm

Ive been boxing 5 accounts for some time now and I haven't paid a monthly fee for any of them since the game time tokens came into the game. Have to keep them all on separate battlenet accounts because of the token limit, per blizz... "•You may use gold to purchase a maximum of 36 Tokens every 24 months from the Auction House." so that's 18 per year and with 5 accounts I would need 60, 12 months X 5 accounts = 60, so if I had all 5 accounts under one bnet account I would be short 42 for 1 year and have to pay! and yes I know the limit is for a 2 year time but I like to break it down to a year average! lol! sucks that I lose the account sharing stuff like mounts etc.. and have to get 5 of each if I want , but better to play for free! almost forgot I have an average of 1 to 1.5 million gold between all 5 accounts at any given time. I know some of you have way more! just saying incase someone wanted to know cause most of the time when I say I play on tokens ppl are like "how much gold you got?" lol!

Return to World of Warcraft