FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

Virtual Files Problem

Moderator: MiRai

<<

shadix

Post Tue Mar 03, 2015 9:32 am

Virtual Files Problem

I have a big problem, when i launch my "PvE Team". Something like virtual files not working. Cause everytime i launch whole team or just 1 slot, i need to setup macros again and again. Also, when i log to "Soulflayer EU", I reach "Eversong EU". When i change again to "Soulflayer EU", then quit wow and open Config-CharName, see "Soulflayer EU". Again open wow, log to "Soulflayer EU" and reach "Eversong EU".

http://www.privatepaste.com/7cb2f6749a

So, slot settings not working and macros not saving.
<<

bob

League of Extraordinary Multiboxers

Post Tue Mar 03, 2015 9:51 am

Re: Virtual Files Problem

I am assuming here that you are opening the character set correctly due to your obvious experience with Inner Space/ISBoxer, based on your profile.

It would be odd that the virtual files aren't working for you, but for everyone else, and I assume it is only the 1 team with the issue?
Characters 30 to 34 has some weird stuff in the Game Server name field. I'm not sure if that would cause any issues?. All the other characters that have this field filled out contain readable info.
WeirdCharacters.png
WeirdCharacters.png (6.52 KiB) Viewed 6886 times

As the virtual file names and the like all look like they are pointing correctly to individual files and are not from copy/paste characters, then you will need to troubleshoot it, perhaps by using tools such as Process Explorer, and checking out the Handle view (CTRL+H) to see what files the instance of WOW has opened. It should be pointing at the expected config-charname.wtf file. Sometimes you may need to use Process Monitor to catch this instead if the file is opened/read then closed by the game.

If in doubt, fix up the game server field, delete the char specific config settings files and let them be recreated for you when you launch your team, from the "normal" files. If they are recreated, then it means they are being redirected by Inner Space and it is a problem with whatever is supposed to be reading them.

And just a confirmation, your other WOW characters are using a different Game Profile to the PvE team. Is that the correct Game Profile?
If so, then are you launching via Battle.Net? You can bypass this and select the dx9 or dx11 profile, which tends to produce a much happier login process.
<<

shadix

Post Tue Mar 03, 2015 10:43 am

Char 30-34 Game Server looks like this, cause i use Cyrillic. Yes, this is first team with that problem, before no problems with cyrillic. I Launch Process Explorer, but i can only see which files opened with game only from Battle.Net. And can't see which files opened with game launched through InnerSpace. So, i remade all to launch via Battle.Net. But nothing... When i close all windows and start again, everything happened like this (1 slot = "WoW1", 2 slot = "WoW1" change to "WoW2", 3 slot "WoW2"). Also, i can't see something in Process Explorer "Error opening process".

I change Battle.Net conf names to eng and nothing.

P.S. Game Profile correct
<<

bob

Post Tue Mar 03, 2015 11:07 am

shadix wrote:i use Cyrillic
OK, makes sense.

shadix wrote:So, i remade all to launch via Battle.Net. But nothing...
I meant that you should remove Battle.net from the launching process, and use a game profile that points directly to wow.exe. Usually the DX9 and DX11 profiles created automatically do this already.

shadix wrote:When i close all windows and start again, everything happened like this (1 slot = "WoW1", 2 slot = "WoW1" change to "WoW2", 3 slot "WoW2")
No idea what this really means.

shadix wrote:Also, i can't see something in Process Explorer "Error opening process".
shadix wrote:And can't see which files opened with game launched through InnerSpace.
Run as Admin, otherwise you wont be able to inspect all Admin processes fully.
<<

shadix

Post Tue Mar 03, 2015 11:28 am

Ok, Run as Admin and i don't which File/Event is responsible for the configuration. After starts/reloads, I saw that 1-st slot save virtual file properly.
<<

bob

Post Tue Mar 03, 2015 12:20 pm

shadix wrote:I don't which File/Event is responsible for the configuration.
The file responsible for the configuration is usually Config-Character.wtf.
As I said before, if the game opens, then reads this file and then closes it, and only opens it again when it saves on exit, you wont see it listed. This is where using Process Monitor to see what is happening is better. You have to filter/search the events to find the ones you are interested in, but you should be able to find the request for Config.wtf being redirected to Config-Character.wtf.

That the file is being saved at all shows at least it should be working and any incorrect settings will usually be caused by something else not being quite right, e.g. Launchers not being closed correctly between each game (usually easily noticed because you have to launch your character set over and over, or by slot to get it loaded), logging characters into the wrong slots, or some other reason I can't really think of.

Idk really, just putting ideas out there.
<<

shadix

Post Tue Mar 03, 2015 1:53 pm

I'm idiot. All chars go to "Eversong EU", because i sent RaF from it. But, why macro disappeard?

Thank you.
<<

bob

Post Tue Mar 03, 2015 2:10 pm

Google is full of reasons why WOW macros aren't being persisted between sessions.

They usually consist of:
  1. You have exited via /camp or /exit, or some other method which is not saving the macro, rather than use menu's /logout or other method which does save them.
  2. The cache folder is corrupted.
  3. You don't have write permissions to the wtf folder (hard to believe this as Inner Space launches games as Admin).
  4. You're on Vista and some incompatibility with UAC is getting in the way (of course this may have been fixed since some of these posts are rather old) - hard to believe this one too due to Inner Space running games as Admin

Your issue may be different of course, as you've just noticed with the RAF thing (I got to stop answering WOW questions, I've NFI about WOW).

Return to World of Warcraft