FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

10 box or more can't play since Saturday

Moderator: MiRai

<<

Prepared

Post Tue Aug 26, 2014 6:19 pm

10 box or more can't play since Saturday

Just an FYI, no multiboxer that I'm aware of that has 10 or more accounts in World of Warcraft is able to play. This began late Saturday after what appears to be something Blizzard put into their network in North America to stop a lot of activity from one IP address. The reason was because their networks were getting hit by a large volume of DDoS traffic. It appears that if something such as phasing, follow command, joining a group or something specific occurs more than 7 or 8 times from an IP address that the game disconnects the accounts and the accounts are not able to get into the game for another 20 to 25 minutes. Logging in is fine, but entering the game produces a message "Character not found" for up to 25 minutes after the disconnect.

This has made the game unplayable for anyone multiboxing 10 or more accounts. This issue has been seen on Darkspear and tickets have been opened to alert Blizzard of this bug implemented sometime Saturday, the 23rd of August in the evening. Someone mentioned there was an update to Innerspace recently but it doesn't appear that Innerspace would cause a disconnect from the game if too much traffic were being sent to the Blizzard server from an IP address.
<<

Mercurio

Post Mon Sep 01, 2014 7:42 am

Re: 10 box or more can't play since Saturday

Was out of town when you posted your message, but I just logged my ten in with no problems.
<<

Prepared

Post Wed Sep 10, 2014 12:04 am

Re: 10 box or more can't play since Saturday

Forgot to post that this issue was resolved either the night of September 1, 2014 or the morning of September 2, 2014. Blizzard fixed it after one of the multiboxers worked directly with a technical person at Blizzard.

Return to World of Warcraft