FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

Auto set to low quality (graphics of the flash game)

Moderator: MiRai

<<

Tranquil Suit

Post Sun Jun 17, 2012 7:31 am

Auto set to low quality (graphics of the flash game)

Hiya,

Situation: As IS loads up my team, every instance of the game is set by default to high quality. After all instances are loaded, I have to set them one by one to low quailty. Beside the extra inconvenience of having to set it manually (the context menu acts kinda weird with IS), this also causes a huge CPU spike during the setup.

So is it possible for IS to set each instance of the game to low quality as they load up?

Even further, would it be possible to do this without invoking the context menu?
<<

lax

Site Admin

Post Sun Jun 17, 2012 11:50 am

Re: Auto set to low quality (graphics of the flash game)

I'm looking into it, but I don't have an immediate solution for you. I'll have to get back to you on this (but yes I can add something).

The menu is the best and easiest way to change the quality settings at the moment, mainly because Flash doesn't store this setting and neither does RotMG; that's why you have to set it each time.
<<

Tranquil Suit

Post Sun Jun 17, 2012 12:29 pm

Maybe interesting:

If you normally (not with IS) open a .swf (like rotmg) with the projector (v11.3 at the time of writing), there is an additional toolbar there, where you can do View-> Quality and then pick {Low, Medium, High}. High quality has a hotkey (CTRL+H), Low quality and Medium quality unfortunately don't. However, using Resource Hacker, you can add another hotkey to Low Quality:

add 'VK_L, 20035, NOINVERT, CONTROL, VIRTKEY' in Accelerators/602/1033 for Ctrl+l as hotkey for low quality. Allthough maybe double check the number in Menu/602/1033 should be 'MENUITEM "Low", 20035'

I just used the edited flashplayer with IS (edited the rotmg game profile) and I could change to low quality with Ctrl+L. So at least I didn't have to use the context menu.

Hope that helps.
<<

Amoeba

Post Sat Oct 24, 2015 6:13 am

Thanks for the tip Tranquil Suit!

Return to Realm of the Mad God