FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

InnerSpace simply doesn't work.

Moderator: MiRai

<<

HighDefVGA

Post Fri May 18, 2012 2:43 am

InnerSpace simply doesn't work.

I have followed all the guides to setting up ROTMG with ISBoxer/InnerSpace and still InnerSpace doesn't seem to want to work.

I have:
- Enabled Hardware Acceleration
- Nvidia GeForce 7900 GT (NOT up-to-date drivers for compatibility reasons. Using: 169.21)
- Onboard graphics disabled in BIOS
- Windows XP 32-bit SP3
- Spent time on IRC, troubleshooting many other basic details.

With the above being true, I still am unable to multibox. If the graphics drivers are most likely to be the issue, I am unwilling to install later drivers, and will accept that I cannot run InnerSpace.

I am leaving for vacation in a day, and it seems my 7-day trial will be expired by the time I am online again. Lax, if you are willing to give me a day or two's worth of trial in the future, I will be willing to test any suggestions you might have.

Thank you.
<<

MiRai

Vibrant Videographer

Post Fri May 18, 2012 4:44 am

Re: InnerSpace simply doesn't work.

I don't have a RotMG fix for you but, your current drivers are over 4 years old. You say that you haven't updated because of compatibility issues (I don't know what that means) and you are unwilling (what?) but, every driver listed (including the current stable 296 driver and the newest 301 beta driver) on nVidia's site shows compatible for the 7900 GT and Windows XP. Surely there must be at least one driver that you can use besides the one from December 2007?
<<

lax

Site Admin

Post Fri May 18, 2012 9:01 am

If you can't even try the newest driver to see if that makes it work, then I'm not sure what to tell you. Flash's D3D support is finnicky and they specifically mention that it may not work with older drivers. I know it's not an issue with Windows XP SP3 because I've got it open in a VM right now running ROTMG in Inner Space, but an old driver can very much be to blame...

Source: http://www.adobe.com/products/flashplayer/tech-specs.html
Will hardware-accelerated scaling work on all computers?

For hardware-accelerated scaling to work, you need Microsoft DirectX 9 with VRAM 128MB for Windows and OpenGL for Apple Macintosh, Mac OS X v10.2 or higher. There might be compatibility issues with older hardware and drivers. (See Flash Player system requirements.) With older versions of Flash Player, you should not see dramatic changes as the player reverts from hardware-accelerated scaling back to software scaling.

Note that when Flash automatically reverts to its software rendering mode, it doesn't inform you, it just does it seamlessly.
<<

HighDefVGA

Post Tue May 22, 2012 3:17 am

MiRai: I use this old driver because when I try to use any later driver I get a BSOD when trying to play some of the games I like to play. Never have I had any problem with these drivers except now (most likely).

Lax: I would at least be willing to install the latest drivers to help you troubleshoot the problem, but without another trial this does not benefit me, and I may not even be able to run this with the new drivers (I am not at home currently). I think I will have some hours of trial left when I return, and if I get the chance I'll test it.

I would have tested this with up-to-date drivers, but I did not have the time at that point.
<<

HighDefVGA

Post Tue May 22, 2012 3:30 am

It appears that GPU-Acceleration was added to Nvidia GeForce drivers in driver version 195.62

I'm going to try this version, and if it doesn't work I'll keep working up until I find one that works with ISBoxer. Then I will probably test to see if it works with my games.

Thanks for the help, I hope there's some possibility that I could get another trial now that I am one step closer to making this work.

P.S. MiRai: I did not appreciate the condescension, and I find your post extremely unhelpful.

Return to Realm of the Mad God