FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

High CPU Usage ?

Moderator: MiRai

<<

Pearl43

Post Wed May 02, 2012 11:36 pm

High CPU Usage ?

Hey ppl, was testing out ISBoxer before Diablo 3 comes out thought id try the free game Realm of the mad god, but im surprised at the CPU usage.
I have an i7-920@3.6ghz, 12gig RAM, 3x 6950's. The CPU sat at 75%-80%, do others experience this usage? Is it the game? Not sure how im gonna run Diablo 3 if i cant run 4 copies of such a small simple game...

Any help appreciated.

Cheers.
<<

lax

Site Admin

Post Thu May 03, 2012 6:14 am

Re: High CPU Usage ?

Every game is different, you can't judge how Diablo 3 will perform by playing ROTMG. Or WoW, or any other game besides Diablo 3 :)

What FPS are you getting at that CPU usage, is the real question? If you're getting 5 fps, you might be improperly using your 3 video cards and causing a big FPS hit. That FPS hit is covered by HOWTO: Tweak your framerate and the GPU Management article
<<

Pearl43

Post Thu May 03, 2012 8:09 am

Re: High CPU Usage ?

lax wrote:Every game is different, you can't judge how Diablo 3 will perform by playing ROTMG. Or WoW, or any other game besides Diablo 3 :)

What FPS are you getting at that CPU usage, is the real question? If you're getting 5 fps, you might be improperly using your 3 video cards and causing a big FPS hit. That FPS hit is covered by HOWTO: Tweak your framerate and the GPU Management article

30FPS. Very playable. The GPU usage just normally running the game is 2%-5% (Single GPU), when quad boxed its at 22% (Single GPU). I cant imagine the game being GPU dependant at all though.

Though i should take taken the time before posting my original thread to do some further tests; It seems running it (1 instance) without ISBoxer uses %25 CPU Usage. In Town i get around 45-55FPS, out of Town i get solid 60FPS. I suppose the game isnt terribly optimized being Flash n' all.

So we could possibly close/lock thread now and put it down to 'flash game is flash game'

Thanks for ya help. Also, Awesome program mate. :D

Cheers.

Return to Realm of the Mad God