FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

keep your character stacked together?

Moderator: MiRai

<<

tioneb

Post Sun Apr 29, 2012 2:10 pm

keep your character stacked together?

Hello guys,

I was looking for a multiboxing tool and I found ISboxe. I decided to do the trial before buying it and it's quite easy to set up, but there's something annoying so far (and I'm sure there's a way to fix this) ... The character never stay together ! I saw a thread saying to stay on a server close to your location and reduce quality to low, but that doesn't change anything (except adding a few bug). I also saw a great tip saying to just copy/paste a teleport sentence, but that only works if you type it in all chat (otherwise it crashes all sub windows, leaving only the main up). Plus, I would need to type it more than twice in a 10 sec delay ... This isn't an enormous problem, but if I want to do some god farming with 10 account at a time, it will be impossible to keep everyone alive.

Anyone can help?
<<

lax

Site Admin

Post Sun Apr 29, 2012 2:45 pm

Re: keep your character stacked together?

Characters move at different speeds. Check your "Spd" stat in the game for example. You can get +Speed items (rings etc) to try to get them as close as possible. I believe each class has its own range of possible Speed values for you to start out with; I've seen it recommended to kill and re-create your characters to get the same Speed values.

/teleport is the best way to sync your characters. If it's crashing for you I'd say that's a problem, it should not. ;) When you say "crash" does that mean something popped up, or does it mean the window disappeared? And what Hotkey is configured for the Mapped Key? (select the Key Map in the top left pane, and the Mapped Key in the bottom left pane to change it) I have mine set to just "Z".
<<

tioneb

Post Sun Apr 29, 2012 4:21 pm

Well, i tried copy/pasting /teleport *name of one of my character* as a short cut to teleport. The problem is that if I use it on the main screen I have to type it twice for every sub character to teleport. If I do it too much, the sub accounts just closes without any notice or warning.

Is it less of an issue on open area (like godland) and if I max out the spd stats, would I see a difference?

I've seen people multiboing without this issue, their character seems like glued together :s
<<

starcraftjunkie

Post Sun Apr 29, 2012 4:36 pm

tioneb wrote:Well, i tried copy/pasting /teleport *name of one of my character* as a short cut to teleport. The problem is that if I use it on the main screen I have to type it twice for every sub character to teleport. If I do it too much, the sub accounts just closes without any notice or warning.

Is it less of an issue on open area (like godland) and if I max out the spd stats, would I see a difference?

I've seen people multiboing without this issue, their character seems like glued together :s

If your ping is high, and / or your fps is anything below 25-30 fps (for each window) then you're probably going to have some problems. Consider lowering your window count if this is the case.

What do you mean it types twice? I have no idea how you could teleport twice with just sending it once.
<<

Barnn

Post Sun Apr 29, 2012 8:01 pm

People you see properly grouped are using their own, self-made clients.

There is a definitely lag between commands in the main window and commands given to sub-windows. I was running around with all fresh level 1 chars (so same speed) and it would take ~.5 seconds for them to start and ~.5 seconds for them to stop, when I was giving move commands. Also, playing rotated has a lot of issues, since it isn't sending the full time of the command through. All subwindows would have the same turn degrees as other subwindows, but it would be different than the main window. This is both using up to 6 windows and as few as 2. (that is, main + 5 and main + 1) My computer can handle only about 6 at once with minor other issues, but has no other issues when it's 4 or fewer. This issue remains no matter how many windows.
<<

tioneb

Post Sun Apr 29, 2012 8:51 pm

starcraftjunkie wrote:
tioneb wrote:Well, i tried copy/pasting /teleport *name of one of my character* as a short cut to teleport. The problem is that if I use it on the main screen I have to type it twice for every sub character to teleport. If I do it too much, the sub accounts just closes without any notice or warning.

If your ping is high, and / or your fps is anything below 25-30 fps (for each window) then you're probably going to have some problems. Consider lowering your window count if this is the case.

What do you mean it types twice? I have no idea how you could teleport twice with just sending it once.

No it doesn't teleport twice. The first time I write it in the main screen, it either has no effect (if it's the name of the character, since obviously you can teleport on yourself) or it teleport the main character, but it has no incidence on the sub windows. I have to type it a second time to get the sub windows character to actually teleport, but it will either crash right away (all sub windows just shut down) or it will eventually. Cause no matter what, I'll need to replace them less than a min later. Obviously it's a lot worst while lvling since there's obstacle, but I wonder how I'll be able to farm effectively in godland if my character are a lil bit too spread. I don't want them to die instantly and spend all my time lvling lol. I'll try to set it up with character of the same speed to see the difference.

Is there a way to maximize my fps? I don't think it's that high, but anything that will help my characters stay a little bit more together will be greatly appreciated.

Edit 1: For instance, the cpu's strategy. Which one would you recommend?
<<

starcraftjunkie

Post Tue May 01, 2012 12:24 am

tioneb wrote:
starcraftjunkie wrote:

No it doesn't teleport twice. The first time I write it in the main screen, it either has no effect (if it's the name of the character, since obviously you can teleport on yourself) or it teleport the main character, but it has no incidence on the sub windows. I have to type it a second time to get the sub windows character to actually teleport, but it will either crash right away (all sub windows just shut down) or it will eventually. Cause no matter what, I'll need to replace them less than a min later. Obviously it's a lot worst while lvling since there's obstacle, but I wonder how I'll be able to farm effectively in godland if my character are a lil bit too spread. I don't want them to die instantly and spend all my time lvling lol. I'll try to set it up with character of the same speed to see the difference.

Is there a way to maximize my fps? I don't think it's that high, but anything that will help my characters stay a little bit more together will be greatly appreciated.

Edit 1: For instance, the cpu's strategy. Which one would you recommend?

Personally, I just let the game or the computer decide the cpu plan if I have a bad divisible number of clients, IE 5+. Roundrobin is good for something lower.

The best way to get good fps is to set the quality to low. If you still cant get somewhere close to 30 or so, give your self a reality check and ask your self how many clients can you realistically run.

If you're crashing when you're typing there is something really wrong. I have no idea how a broadcast, which you say you're typing, would neglect to send. That is on the default setup which already has all the basic keys mapped out already.

Return to Realm of the Mad God