FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

Realm of the Mad God - New User

Moderator: MiRai

<<

fdhoff

Post Fri Jan 06, 2012 5:36 pm

Re: Realm of the Mad God - New User

Well I don't even play it on a browser - I play it on a separate flash client. Is there any way I could possibly get a refund?
<<

Renfield

Post Wed Jan 25, 2012 9:22 pm

I'm also looking for a Multiboxer for Realm of the mad god
i tried Pwnboxer which works but its very laggly and doesnt sync verry well using a realm of the mad god exe
i like Multiboxers interface ide really like them to make it compatible
<<

Mojoguy01

Post Sat Mar 03, 2012 10:13 pm

Um, first off Realm of the Mad God can be run as a client from steam. Additionally I do believe it runs with dx9.

So, stop using it from the Browser. Not really sure why you'd want to in the first place. Additionally, before it came to steam you could also run it independently from the browser. So again, why are you trying to use ISBOXER on a Browser when the game runs in an executable independently?
<<

lax

Site Admin

Post Sat Mar 03, 2012 11:14 pm

This is a new development, thanks for the tip. According to Steam, it was only released in this form 2 weeks ago ;)

Previously it was only available as a flash object, which you could manually convert into an exe. This Steam version might actually be ISBoxer compatible. Checking it out. :)
<<

lax

Site Admin

Post Sun Mar 04, 2012 6:26 pm

With the new Steam build of Realm of the Mad God, I now have a proof of concept running multiple ROTMG instances. It took a bit of work to get it to this point, but I can say that it should at LEAST work on multiple PCs, if not to multibox on one PC. I should have a development build of Inner Space available sometime in the next week with something you guys can try out.

Some other Steam games should also work with ISBoxer soon as well. :)
<<

lax

Site Admin

Post Mon Mar 05, 2012 10:45 am

Edit:
You DO NOT NEED STEAM IN ORDER TO MULTIBOX ROTMG!
* Realm of the Mad God page on our wiki
* HOWTO: Multibox a flash game explains how to set up an ISBoxer compatible standalone exe for ROTMG!

Below this line is the original post about the Steam method:
------------------------------------------------------

Okay. I have something available for someone to try right now, if they have multiple PCs and Steam accounts (Steam accounts are free and ROTMG is free, so this part shouldn't be the kicker). This works a bit differently because of Steam.

Inner Space build 5534 adds support for Steam games. Build 5534 is currently (as of this morning) the development build of Inner Space. To try it out, right click IS in the system notification area and select Patcher, check "Download development (test) patches", then close and restart Inner Space to let it patch up.

I VERY BRIEFLY tested the new support with a few games to make sure that the games launch and Inner Space seems to basically work. I am aware of some issues, like Terraria crashes if I try to play that, Portal 2 says "NO STEAM", etc. But, I didn't find any issues with Realm of the Mad God yet -- ROTMG recognizes my Steam profile and lets me play, so it'll be worth a try for anyone interested.

With all of that said... I hope to get this working on the same PC, either with the custom-built exe method or by somehow supporting multiple Steam logins.

So..

In order to try ROTMG with ISBoxer and Multiple PCs:
1. Launching the game: You're going to launch your ROTMG instance(s) manually, and here's how. You can add Steam.exe to Inner Space (via Add Game in the IS menu), call the "game" Steam, and launch Steam through Inner Space. Anything you launch with this Inner Space-launched Steam instance will be handled by Inner Space. So when you're going to launch your ISBoxer team, just follow this process and launch Steam through IS and ROTMG (or other game) through Steam. When you launch the game manually in this fashion, if it works correctly you should see FPS and Memory indicators in the upper left corner, and the title bar of the window should change to something like "is1 (ctrl+alt+1)"

2. ISBoxer Character Sets: Set your Game and Game Profile to Steam and the Steam Default Profile (created when you use Add Game). Put one Character in your Character Set, since you're only going to have one ROTMG instance per PC, tied to whatever Steam account you have active

3. Launching your Character Set: AFTER launching the game manually through Steam (which was launched through Inner Space), "Launch" your Character Set by the usual methods and ISBoxer will assimilate the window you have already launched.

Aside from these details, there is absolutely nothing different about this than any other game with multiple PCs, following the Using multiple computers guide. (Note: Video FX views are not available from the separate PCs, only windows on the same PC)

That should be it, it should be 100% possible to multibox ROTMG with ISBoxer, right this very moment, with multiple PCs and the development build of Inner Space.
<<

lax

Site Admin

Post Sat Mar 17, 2012 9:40 am

I have new information!

You DO NOT NEED STEAM IN ORDER TO MULTIBOX ROTMG!
* Realm of the Mad God page on our wiki
* HOWTO: Multibox a flash game explains how to set up an ISBoxer compatible standalone exe for ROTMG!

Yay!
<<

fdhoff

Post Mon Apr 16, 2012 5:29 pm

Thanks Lax, Re sub'd ;)

Edit:
Oops
Last edited by fdhoff on Tue Apr 17, 2012 4:12 am, edited 1 time in total.
<<

Alge

League of Extraordinary Multiboxers

Post Mon Apr 16, 2012 7:51 pm

If you select Realm of the Mad God when you run the Quick Setup Wizard it will automatically virtualise rotmg.sol so you don't need to log in to your accounts manually.

If you need to add this to an existing setup, just run the Virtual File Wizard (under Wizards) and select Realm of the Mad God as the game you are playing.

Once you have set this up you will need to log in to each account manually once to get the right information stored in the virtual files.
<<

fdhoff

Post Tue Apr 17, 2012 4:12 am

Yeah, you're right I just realized. Derp, sorry!
Previous

Return to Realm of the Mad God