FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

Returning to play

Moderator: MiRai

<<

inmysights

Post Fri Nov 16, 2018 5:17 pm

Returning to play

Hello,
I am returning to play and this time I have a new PC that I can play all of my chars on! No muti pc setup like last year.

I am following Joe's setup video. I have the standard MMO with each players F1,F2 and F3 and F4's setup. I select use transparent overlay for the action bars and F7 and F8 for follow and assist, export to IS.

I have already logged my chars in and have them saved and setup with F7 & F8.

When I log them in and hit alt-f to follow the leader they just keep saying You have no current target to follow, it seems like it broadcasting the command but has something changed in the game?

also, when I log into the game the overlay does not show up even with it selected to use.

I deleted my character set and tried it 3 times to make sure I was doing it correctly and each time I get that error message.

Here is the picture of the error: https://imgur.com/a/XLm4Ekn

Thank you.
<<

bob

League of Extraordinary Multiboxers

Post Fri Nov 16, 2018 6:48 pm

Re: Returning to play

So....... do they have a target? If not, then perhaps that would be the thing to check.

1. Under the character set, virtual mapped keys, the method, for SWTOR, defaults to Target Party Leader (well, the Quick Setup Wizard does, and if you leave it, this is what you get).

If you have selected something different, that's OK, just need to follow what that is doing in the ISB42 - Party key map. In my sample case here, it presses the Target Party Leader variable keystroke.

So< I go to check out what that variable keystroke will be by default.

BUT, I should also check on the character set and/or per slot, to see if it is overridden, and if it is, make sure it is correct (or remove it).

Nothing here.

And per slot?
Got stuff here, but these are only applicable if I was using the "Follow Me (Target Slot)" method of Follow for the Character Set Virtual mapped key (first screen cap).

So the default variable keystroke (F1) is what is being sent to the game, to make the "slaves" target the leader. This particular style of leader is fixed, and if I switch toons, a Follow, will still try and follow the main toon, even though I am not leading from it. It's a little restrictive in style, but tends to get you going faster with SWTOR because SWTOR does have a funny method defining party order for the "Target Slot" method (although once it is setup for a particular party, you don't normally have to worry about what order you invite/accept as the party order is fixed for a specific combination of characters).
<<

inmysights

Post Fri Nov 16, 2018 8:15 pm

Thank you Bob.

All of my settings are exactly like yours. I am using the MMO Standard template. There seems to be a disconnect now with the way it targets the leader, but I have it exactly like Joe in the video and his works just fine.

I have checked everything and even logged out and back in to see if that fixed anything.

Still get the same error message
<<

bob

Post Fri Nov 16, 2018 8:45 pm

So, switch to the slave toons, and test whether the key being sent to target the party leader works. i.e. if you are sending F1, then you need to go to the slave toons, and press F1 (usually this is select self in most games - I didn't test this out in a live game, I just made up a test config to see what the default setup was like).

If it does, then, double check via the ISBoxer debugging console what is being sent to the slave windows when you press the follow hotkey. You should, on the slave windows, see something like:
Code:
Button: from variablekeystroke@is1: nomodifiers F1
Button: from variablekeystroke@is1: nomodifiers F7
<<

inmysights

Post Fri Nov 16, 2018 11:40 pm

This is what it says:
ISB42_-_Party(keymap)_Follow_Me_-_Active_Method as Follow Leader (Target
Party Leader) in ISB42 - Party
Mapped Key: Pressing 'Follow Leader (Target Party Leader)' in 'ISB42 -
Party'
Virtual Mapped Key: Virtualizing
ISB42_-_Party(keymap)_Follow_Me_-_Active_Method as Follow Leader (Target
Party Leader) in ISB42 - Party
Mapped Key: Releasing 'Follow Leader (Target Party Leader)' in 'ISB42 -
Party'

That keymap is setup: Group (others in):Follower -> Target Party Leader
<<

bob

Post Sat Nov 17, 2018 4:36 am

Yep, that is what it says on the window issuing the command. What does it say on the windows receiving the command?? and is it the keystrokes you expect?
<<

seaqiro

Post Fri Dec 07, 2018 3:47 am

Does SWTOR play the same as WOW when multi-boxing? is it as easy to set up as wow?
<<

lax

Site Admin

Post Fri Dec 07, 2018 10:06 am

seaqiro wrote:Does SWTOR play the same as WOW when multi-boxing? is it as easy to set up as wow?

Nope!

WoW is much easier to set up because the ISBoxer Addon (for WoW) sets up in-game macros to follow/assist each character.

In that respect, setting up SWTOR is pretty much the same as setting up any other game that is not WoW.

However, the main thing that separates SWTOR from other games as far as multiboxing goes, is that the party window is in a different order (and not easily predictable) for each character. This affects how you would set up Follow/Assist. For other games, ISBoxer can automatically set up the ability to follow/assist each other window, because the party window and party targeting Hotkeys (F1 for self, F2 for party member 1, F3 for next, etc) is in an easily predictable order.

So for SWTOR instead of the "Target Slot" Follow/Assist mode used by default for most games, I would recommend using the "Follow/Assist Main Character" option. This only requires that you set up a key in-game yourself to be able to follow your "main", and another to assist that same toon. On the last page of the Quick Setup Wizard, select "Follow/Assist Main Character" in the drop-down box, and fill in the two Game Key Bindings on the right (they do NOT need to match the ISBoxer Hotkeys which are Alt+A and Alt+F by default)

Once you have that figured out, multiboxing SWTOR is not entirely different.
<<

seaqiro

Post Fri Dec 07, 2018 8:56 pm

legend, thats what I wanted to know

cheers lax

Return to Star Wars: The Old Republic