FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

SWTOR will not launch after new update

Moderator: MiRai

<<

Ericone

Post Thu Dec 14, 2017 6:10 am

Re: SWTOR will not launch after new update

greaterdemon wrote: tried to get an earlier version of boxer but says the files arnt there

When I tried to download 6174 on Dec 13th, the link was broken. I think it is because there is an extra period in the file name. Anyway, I downloaded 6132 and that worked.
<<

greaterdemon

Post Thu Dec 14, 2017 7:00 am

Ericone wrote:
greaterdemon wrote: tried to get an earlier version of boxer but says the files arnt there

When I tried to download 6174 on Dec 13th, the link was broken. I think it is because there is an extra period in the file name. Anyway, I downloaded 6132 and that worked.

ah cheers ive downloaded it now and its working again :D
<<

lax

Site Admin

Post Thu Dec 14, 2017 7:06 am

SWTOR works.

You do not need to download an old version. If the launcher is hanging for you (i.e. freezing at launch time before the launcher window appears) the issue is incompatibility with some software you have running on your PC (when used with Inner Space+SWTOR). Sure, it MAY temporarily work around the issue for you to use a version of Inner Space from the Archives, but that is absolutely not necessary and will not contribute to actually solving the issue.

So with that said, if you have this issue launching SWTOR, please provide Compatibility Diagnostics from ISBoxer's Help menu. http://isboxer.com/wiki/Diagnostics
It may be worth noting that on my system, I had to shut down Razer Synapse for SWTOR to work -- this issue does not occur with Razer Synapse loaded and launching other games, just SWTOR, and yes it is supported for you to use Razer Synapse...

For me to fix the problem you are having on your system, I must know what software is causing the issue for you in order to even work on it. Compatibility Diagnostics please!
<<

lazygirl

Post Fri Dec 15, 2017 8:50 pm

Hi lax,

I too can no longer get swtor to start with the latest release. I never had any problems before now and multibox it regularly.

I restarted my computer, and turned off everything running in my system tray (including synapse) before launching IS. Same result.
Restarted and turned off extraneous stuff again, here is the diagnostic:
https://pastebin.com/xeF4ve9J

The only major change I have made to my system lately is that I also installed WOW since the last time I played swtor.

I then replaced the latest IS version with version 6132, and it is working again.

Hope this helps!

(Also, none of the IS archived version download links except 6132 seem to be working?)
<<

bob

League of Extraordinary Multiboxers

Post Fri Dec 15, 2017 10:32 pm

Did you use the dev build? it should be working.

Right click Inner Space, select Patcher, select (it's a the red dot) the option for "Download development (test) patches"". Then right click Inner Space, select Exit. Reload Inner Space again, see if it that fixes it.
<<

lazygirl

Post Sat Dec 16, 2017 1:13 am

bob wrote:Did you use the dev build? it should be working.

No, although it is different behavior. With live version, the launcher will not open at all.

With dev version, the launcher looks like this:

And when I key in my user name and password (just for kicks) it just hangs, and never launches the actual game.

diagnostic:
https://pastebin.com/1AUXjx2r
<<

bob

Post Sat Dec 16, 2017 5:05 am

Ok, you might want to try removing the application compatibility setting from the launcher. See if that helps.

Code:
Application Compatibility flags under HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\AppCompatFlags\Layers:
D:\Electronic Arts\BioWare\Star Wars - The Old Republic\launcher.exe: ~ DISABLEDXMAXIMIZEDWINDOWEDMODE

There has also bee oddities with Nvidia Share recently. Try with that disabled.
<<

lazygirl

Post Sat Dec 16, 2017 6:02 pm

bob wrote:Ok, you might want to try removing the application compatibility setting from the launcher. See if that helps.

Just so I'm clear how to do that, you mean remove that key from the registry?
<<

bob

Post Sat Dec 16, 2017 6:03 pm

yes
<<

lazygirl

Post Sun Dec 17, 2017 2:55 pm

Just tried this. No change.
PreviousNext