FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

Setting up the follow and assist

Moderator: MiRai

<<

inmysights

Post Sat Apr 29, 2017 10:13 pm

Setting up the follow and assist

in Joe's video, I have been following it. on the part where he shows you how to ass t he F2,F3 keys, if I am setting up my play style for a multi computer setup, in the area"in-game key bindings ISBoxer can press to target each character only has 2 spots for the local profile. This is because I have to do the wizard again to make the character set for the 2nd pc. So, how do I get back to set that part up for each character to target each other. I dont see any way possible to do this.

Thank you
<<

bob

League of Extraordinary Multiboxers

Post Sun Apr 30, 2017 2:27 am

Re: Setting up the follow and assist

The problem with multi computer setups, is you are running more than 1 team, and those teams don't really know much about the other team.

You can setup the Variable Keystrokes table for the character set, by select the Character set in the top left, in the lower left make sure the character set is selected, and in the lower right, select Variable Keystrokes at the top.

I don't believe that will solve your issue though, because that is for setting up slot 1 to slot X, and in multi computer, you have two slot 1s, two slot 2s, two slot 3s etc (depends on how many in each team). Essentially each team doesn't really know much about each other, but they can all receive commands from your current main, depending on the target used for the actions.

Probably the best way will be to setup a couple more variable keystrokes for "Target other PC slot 1" and "Target other PC slot 2" etc, and then add those to your variable keystrokes table with the appropriate Fkey, and then adjust the ISB42 - Party -> Follow Me (Target Slot) mapped key, you change the existing action to target "(Follower&local)&~self" , and the add in a second action for "Target other pc slot {SLOT}", with a target of "Follower&~local".

e.g.

For more info.... http://isboxer.com/wiki/Target

p.s., the above suggestion will only work if you are only using 2 computers... 3 computers requires different target techniques and a lot more thought.
<<

lax

Site Admin

Post Sun Apr 30, 2017 8:24 am

The video you're watching was made before the newer Follow/Assist Modes were added (and in fact part of the inspiration for the new modes ... is the pain in the ass SWTOR always was).

When using multiple PCs for SWTOR, you might find it easier just to use one of the easy-mode Follow/Assist Modes -- like ... follow/assist a specific Main Character. It is not always necessary to be able to follow/assist each individual window, particularly if this is the limitation you're dealing with. You can always get it up and running using the easiest method possible, and then worry about adapting something new later on.
<<

inmysights

Post Sun Apr 30, 2017 9:34 am

Excellent, thank you guys. I will try and work on this today.

Return to Star Wars: The Old Republic