FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

New build broke something

Moderator: MiRai

<<

Strepie

Post Thu Apr 06, 2017 10:54 am

New build broke something

I do not have the technical know how to explain exactly what happened or why, but after the patch this morning, it is impossible to play SWTOR.
I think it is graphics related, because strange names appear for instance next to where I should choose which character to load, it will now say: "loc:1: characterselect", and the menu where one usually have to choose to quit is garbage - instead of "quit" , it now has "loc:3:characterselect, and so on. When I do load into the game, my character is invisible.
Initially the main screen just froze and became unresponsive, but stupid me had to re-install an older version in the hope of "fixing" it so I can at least play again. Now it is unusable, no matter what I do.
Please advise :)
<<

bob

League of Extraordinary Multiboxers

Post Thu Apr 06, 2017 11:13 am

Re: New build broke something

Which patch are you referring to? The game or Inner Space. If Inner Space, then perhaps you should revert to the standard release build rather than the dev build. If the game, then it may need to be checked out.
<<

Strepie

Post Thu Apr 06, 2017 11:52 am

bob wrote:Which patch are you referring to? The game or Inner Space. If Inner Space, then perhaps you should revert to the standard release build rather than the dev build. If the game, then it may need to be checked out.

There was an Innerspace patch , and I do not have the dev build checked.
The game runs fine outside of Innerspace.
Will do a clean install and re-run wizard to see if a fresh setup from scratch will help.
<<

lax

Site Admin

Post Thu Apr 06, 2017 1:56 pm

The last non-dev Inner Space update was Feb 22. All non-dev releases are tracked at https://www.lavishsoft.com/release/

So uhh... unless you have not restarted Inner Space since before February 22, there was not an Inner Space patch.
<<

Strepie

Post Thu Apr 06, 2017 2:58 pm

lax wrote:The last non-dev Inner Space update was Feb 22. All non-dev releases are tracked at https://www.lavishsoft.com/release/

So uhh... unless you have not restarted Inner Space since before February 22, there was not an Inner Space patch.

Aaaah, that explains it then. I started it on a different computer today and probably have not used it for quite a while on that specific computer and/or also had the dev option checked. Something did update and all hell broke loose after that update LOL
Just checked on my other computer where I know for a fact I have auto updating turned off, and lo and behold everything working as usual.
Ugh...sucks to be old and senile :(

Do appreciate your and Bob's prompt response though.

Return to Star Wars: The Old Republic