FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

2nd Account Not Working

Moderator: MiRai

<<

Jhoenir

Post Mon Jan 16, 2017 3:59 pm

2nd Account Not Working

New user to ISBoxer.

I have been trying to get a second account to launch in SWTOR for about a week. The first launches fine, the second hangs up at the Initializing window and never goes past it.

I have tried the "true/false" and disable fixes listed on this forum to no effect. Not sure what else there is to do. I have been in contact with Mr. Thaler but I am hoping the community can provide some answers.

My main question is this. Is anyone actually using ISBoxer with SWTOR anymore? Looking at the dates on all of the posts except for 1 entery most are years old. I have also asked around on the game and no one is boxing (or willing to whisper back).

I am happy to provide more info including all of the steps it took to even just get to ISBoxer even working.

Jhoenir.
<<

bob

League of Extraordinary Multiboxers

Post Mon Jan 16, 2017 4:27 pm

Re: 2nd Account Not Working

You're issue is pretty much the same as that posted in the second thread just below yours, dated a couple of weeks ago. viewtopic.php?f=38&t=8240

Yes, there is a known issue with SWTOR.
Yes, there are ppl persevering with it, and boxing SWTOR, although some may have moved on to other games while they are waiting resolution.
Yes, it is still under investigation, unfortunately there have been a few other patches from other games that have received higher priority.
Hopefully there will be an update from Lax (Mr Thaler) soon.
<<

lax

Site Admin

Post Mon Jan 16, 2017 7:21 pm

ISBoxer 42.3.0116.1 should correct the issue with the SWTOR launcher. ISBoxer should notify you of this update next time you launch ISBoxer Toolkit, or you can go into the Help menu and select About ISBoxer, then click the provided Update link.
<<

Jhoenir

Post Tue Jan 17, 2017 7:22 pm

Bob and Lax

Thanks for the replies. I did get the update when I logged back into ISBoxer. Sadly, now I can not even open 1 account with Inner Space. Not sure why. I did reference the post from the beginning of Jan 2017, but the thread was from 2016 and according to Inner Space list of updates, there had been 2 since the post began (now 3).

Is there something that I should look for that should be turned off (or on) to make this function? If other people are boxing it must be my error and I am just not catching something when loading either the characters or running the wizard to create a team. Should I be using the wizard?

Any help would be appreciated.

Jhoenir
<<

lax

Site Admin

Post Tue Jan 17, 2017 7:35 pm

Is there something that I should look for that should be turned off (or on) to make this function?

No. Just update to 42.3.0116.1, and then Export to Inner Space, and let it correct the settings when it asks. That and be on the latest build of Inner Space.

If other people are boxing it must be my error and I am just not catching something when loading either the characters or running the wizard to create a team. Should I be using the wizard?

We always say to use the wizard to set up a team.

All you've said today is you can't get one loaded. Is it still getting stuck on initializing? Or is it something else?
<<

Jhoenir

Post Wed Jan 18, 2017 3:40 pm

Lax:

Here is exactly what I did today to try and start 2 boxing.
1. Start Innerspace
-- password / inner space uplink
2. Open ISBoxer Toolkit
2.a. Create 2 new character slots
---- added Inner Space launch info Game: SWTOR / Game Profile: SWTOR; Profile SWTOR Default
---- no other changes, saved.
2.b. Create Character Set, using Wizard
---- select SWTOR
------ add 2 characters; configure on SWTOR, Inner Space "game" and "profile" SWTOR
---- name team
---- Display multi-monitor on (swapping, maintain aspect, avoid taskbar)
---- CPU no change
---- controls; mmo standard, follow / assist mode None
---- Finish and Save
3. Export All to Inner Space
---- Save
4. Launch from Inner Space
---- 1st SWTOR account window opens
---- 1st character stops at patcher (play never lights up)
5. Nothing else happens after this point.

Hope that clears things up.

As always, help would be appreciated.
<<

lax

Site Admin

Post Wed Jan 18, 2017 4:04 pm

Okay.

A couple things...

1. Your part 2a. says you "Create 2 new character slots". Are you saying you're right clicking on Characters, and selecting New Character? If that is what you're doing, you're most likely going to be missing some things that the Quick Setup Wizard is otherwise going to do for you automatically. For example, Virtual Files are not going to automatically be applied to your manually-created Characters, and then because of that, ISBoxer will not be checking the launcher config to make sure it won't hang on initializing (in other words, you could be specifically avoiding the fix). Instead of creating them before using the wizard, just type in a Character Name and select the Game/Game Profile during the wizard.

2. Your part 4 says "Launch from Inner Space". It's possible to launch SWTOR directly from Inner Space but without using ISBoxer, by selecting your "SWTOR Default Profile". You should be selecting your Character Set name under "ISBoxer Character Sets" from the Inner Space menu.

So with that said, do something like this ...
1. Open ISBoxer Toolkit
2. File, Clear (use Save As first if you'd like to back up what you've already attempted)
3. Wizards, Quick Setup Wizard (at this point, your ISBoxer Toolkit profile is BLANK)
-- select SWTOR
-- add 2 characters
-- name team
-- none of the rest of the settings have any effect on the launcher making the Play button available. completing the rest of the wizard as you've described is fine.
4. Export to Inner Space
5. From the Inner Space menu "ISBoxer Character Sets" select your new team

The first launcher should open, and the Play button should light up.

If the Play button does NOT light up, then at this point go into the Help menu in ISBoxer Toolkit, and get me "Compatibility diagnostics" from the launcher. Paste the diagnostics to a paste site (e.g. https://ybin.me) and give us the URL to the pasted contents.
<<

Jhoenir

Post Wed Jan 18, 2017 6:15 pm

Lax

I followed the instructions as you listed and SWTOR still did not launch. I wanted to post a diagnostic for you, but nothing in the ISBoxer Comp Diagnostics looking like the SWTOR launcher.exe file. Not sure why it is not listed, since the game still launches it just does not follow through.

Any hits on this one? So far at least there seems to be some progress.

Jhoenir
<<

lax

Site Admin

Post Wed Jan 18, 2017 6:46 pm

If the swtor launcher is running, it is just "launcher.exe" in the drop-down box. I tested it with mine just now to be sure there is nothing weird about it... You can launch the SWTOR launcher with or without Inner Space/ISBoxer, it just has to be running at the time.

Not sure why it is not listed, since the game still launches it just does not follow through.

I'm not really less confused, this seems to directly contradict your first sentence which says "SWTOR still did not launch". I can only assume you mean "the launcher is running, it just does not allow clicking the Play button".
<<

Jhoenir

Post Fri Jan 20, 2017 2:27 pm

Attached is a txt doc that is the diagnostic. Not sure how to do the url thing.

Hope that helps.
Attachments
diagnostic.txt
(31.71 KiB) Downloaded 637 times
Next

Return to Star Wars: The Old Republic