FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

Auto-assist not working when changing character set

Moderator: MiRai

<<

Veerlo

Post Thu Dec 29, 2016 11:39 pm

Auto-assist not working when changing character set

Just got back to multiboxing SWTOR and last time i did it it was under build 41. I don't remember auto-assist beeing in that build back then but now it's very usefull.

My first team worked just fine with it. But when i try and make another team it's broken. As you know targeting system in swtor depends on each individual group. So targetting slot 2 when changing teams changes so i gotta redo the order when creating the team.

Is it possible that since the first team registered a certain order that it keeps that order for auto-assist? Making it broken in the 2nd team and further on ? When creating the 2nd team i tried checking auto-assist on then off and either worked.

My work around is to save each time a new file for the entire isboxer but that's not practical.

Any ideas ?
<<

MiRai

Vibrant Videographer

Post Thu Dec 29, 2016 11:50 pm

Re: Auto-assist not working when changing character set

SWTOR requires that you adjust the F1-F5 Variable Keystrokes (located under each Slot within the Character Set) accordingly, so that follow and assist, for each Character of a Character Set, works properly. If you had the Wizard fill in some settings for your prior Character Set and they worked without you changing anything, then you could've easily just gotten lucky, but SWTOR has always required that users make custom changes to the per-Slot Variable Keystrokes in order to get things working.
<<

Veerlo

Post Thu Dec 29, 2016 11:53 pm

MiRai wrote:SWTOR requires that you adjust the F1-F5 Variable Keystrokes (located under each Slot within the Character Set) accordingly, so that follow and assist, for each Character of a Character Set, works properly. If you had the Wizard fill in some settings for your prior Character Set and they worked without you changing anything, then you could've easily just gotten lucky, but SWTOR has always required that users make custom changes to the per-Slot Variable Keystrokes in order to get things working.

Maybe i didn't make myself clear. At the last page the targetting slot 1 to 4 part i always set it myself. Never auto-fills never THAT lucky. So i go in game first try and target each slot on each character then enter that info in the last page of the quicksetup wizard. That part i do as always.

It's the auto-assist that gets broken. On first team it always work whenever i log in. When i add a 2nd team. redo the targeting order then finish the wizard and export, the auto-assist for the 2nd team is not working. If i go back to first team it works. just so you know i switch teams using innerspace charatcer launch each time i switch team without exiting the game.
<<

Veerlo

Post Thu Dec 29, 2016 11:58 pm

Well seems making a new save file is not working properly anyway. My first team is a team of sorcerer and my 2nd team is a team of commandos.

I'll try and brainstorm/bug solving and report back if i don't get any help :D
<<

Veerlo

Post Fri Dec 30, 2016 12:08 am

Well after searching i found the bug.

Seems it's my configuration that was odd. only one of my hotkeys was not working. in the mapped keys window that specific hotkey had an option not configured like the rest. In actions the do auto-assist me"s target was not Window:Current but was entirely something different. Changed it to Window:current and it's now working fine.

Feel free to delet the post as it,s not relevant anymore since i screwed something up down the road :D

Return to Star Wars: The Old Republic