FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

I'm at my wits end with this

Moderator: MiRai

<<

Fancooled

Post Fri Nov 18, 2016 10:05 pm

I'm at my wits end with this

Hey there, I've been try to quad-box swtor for a week now, and I'm about to pull my hair out. I've watched https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VPc9pBj-47k more times than I can count and still can't get it to work. The characters won't follow my main character. They won't do anything. Please bare with me. I'm very new to this and everything looks more like gibberish. Any help you can give will be much appreciated.

Here is my info: http://pastebin.com/tcF7QkeG

Thanks!
<<

MiRai

Vibrant Videographer

Post Sat Nov 19, 2016 3:40 pm

Re: I'm at my wits end with this

SWTOR is probably the most confusing game to set up for new multiboxers because of how it doesn't follow any sort of traditional team ordering.

What you need to first do is log your characters into the game, and invite them in what would be "Slot order," meaning that the character on your first account sends out the invites, and then the character on the second account accepts, the character on the third account accepts, and so on.

Then, you need to look at the order of your party members and figure out which F-keys (F1, F2, F3, etc.) are required on each character, to target the other characters in the party. If you're setting things up from the Wizard at the point then you can fill in the targeting grid on the final step with the correct information, but if you want to modify your existing Character Set, then you can do that. Under each Slot of your Character Set there is a separate Variable Keystrokes tab which is what you need to modify. It looks as if you've already got something set there, but I don't know if you got that information from the game, or were just copying it from Lax's video.

After you've got the correct Variable Keystrokes set under each Character Set Slot, then you just need to be in game and in a party, and press your follow Hotkey, which is set to ALT+F. Follow, however it's configured in SWTOR (I'm sure Lax's video covers this), needs to be set to F7 like you've got it set to in ISBoxer. Also, in game, assist needs to be configured for F8, if you want that to work.
<<

crusader2007

Post Mon Nov 21, 2016 4:57 pm

I also having major issues with this tutorial and will add my issues here as well. The set up seems very simple but unfortunately the video is way outdated and has conflicting information. How do they expect us to pay for something that is not explained well? I have used other similar programs that also charge a fee. However, they are very well explained or at least have UPDATED tutorials in their forums.

I'm not an expert but at least trying as well.

My question is: Once you slot your characters in the right order (1/2/3) and use the dashboard do you:

1- Turn on or off Broadcast?

2- What is the CORRECT sequence that you must be pressing the key strokes (based on commands on video). Do you start with "Follow" in each character >>>Alt T (to target)>>>F8 to assist in killing target? I have also lined up my keys to coincide with the video. However, at most I get the characters to move and follow and might be target...However, they DO NOT kill anything. They just sit there and looking at my main to kill. Whats the use of having this program just to follow. Please help in the correct order order of sequence of what keys I need to enter based on the video presentation.

Thanks!
<<

bob

League of Extraordinary Multiboxers

Post Mon Nov 21, 2016 7:27 pm

It does take a bit of time to record new videos to match the ISBoxer UI changes, and these are near completion, however your issues are not that, nor setup, but rather the gameplay itself?.

1. Gameplay as a multiboxer is documented and on the wiki under the Quick Start Guide - but essentially, you normally run around without broadcasting enabled, except for when you need it.

2. The correct sequence is, Login, Group Up, Hit Follow (ALT+F), Move to target, Select target, Use your attack mapped keys (the default setup sets up 1 to = to match the usual in game action bar). This whole sequence is actually covered in at the end of the SWTOR video, however briefly.
To expand on the Attack Mapped Keys. These are configured to use the Assist Me mapped key (can also be triggered by ALT+A), which is sent to all the slave toons so they take the same target as your main, and then the 1 to = key (whichever you pressed) is broadcast to all toons, so they all perform the action. You can setup more if you want. There are a bunch of default ones configured in the "ISB42 - Combat Hotkeys" key map, which just need you to set the appropriate hotkey on, or you can create your own by using the Mapped Key Wizard (the "auto" assist type are the Assist and Broadcast). There is a video on Mapped Keys which covers how they works, creating new ones and so on. You will find that this is also "out of date", due to the slight differences between the older configuration of ISBoxer and the newer configuration, however, the process of creating mapped keys is the same, and the only difference is that it will refer to the Combat key map, which should be replaced with the ISB42 Combat Hotkeys key map.

crusader2007 wrote:How do they expect us to pay for something that is not explained well?
And to nitpick, You pay for Inner Space, not ISBoxer. While this distinction is probably not appreciated, the bit that you pay for is the Inner Space runtime engine, not what you are running on that engine. You can run any script written for Inner Space on the engine, you are not limited to the ISBoxer scripts.
<<

MiRai

Vibrant Videographer

Post Tue Nov 22, 2016 7:00 am

crusader2007 wrote:The set up seems very simple but unfortunately the video is way outdated and has conflicting information.

In addition to what bob said, I just want to point out that the video was 100% up to date until just a few weeks ago when ISBoxer 42 was released. There was no reason to create a new video just to have a more "friendly" date attached to it, since nothing had changed the way ISBoxer worked with SWTOR since the release of the game, and technically still hasn't outside of some UI differences in ISBoxer after its recent update.

I'll say it again... SWTOR is one of the most difficult/frustrating games for new multiboxers to set up because ISBoxer can't automatically set things up for you due to the game's limitations, which requires players to set some things up for themselves which ISBoxer cannot.
<<

lax

Site Admin

Post Tue Nov 22, 2016 7:47 am

SWTOR is the biggest reason that the new Follow/Assist Mode drop-down was added to the wizard.

The new SWTOR walkthrough video is just going to show following the party leader, using the main character option from the drop-down. This does not require figuring out how to fill in the targeting table.
<<

crusader2007

Post Sat Nov 26, 2016 8:33 am

Please need help TARGET/FOCUS TARGET

Hello,

I'm still having some serious issues with this program. I really would like to invest on it but as of now I find it with some issues that I hope to resolve. I only make a dual multiboxing program to see how easy it might be:

http://pastebin.com/gxkBhTAZ

I did manage to go arounf the follow command and that is not an issue but TARGET is. I have set up my keys exactly the same as the video...ALT T/F8 to "assist target". Nothing happens. In one instance my second alternate was able to target upon entering ALT A (dont know where that came from) but did not ATTACK at all. Afterwards, I set another fight and now none of the shortcuts work at all and get "You have no target" on my main?

Could anyone let me know what I'm doing wrong? Im past the follow target (which was not easy to set up) but now the follower does not even target let alone move to do any killing.

Thanks in advance!
<<

lax

Site Admin

Post Sat Nov 26, 2016 10:19 am

I have set up my keys exactly the same as the video...ALT T/F8 to "assist target".

The video does not tell you to use Alt+T, and your pasted configuration does not use Alt+T. Alt+T should do nothing, as configured. Don't press Alt+T.

In one instance my second alternate was able to target upon entering ALT A (dont know where that came from)

Alt+A is what is configured for having your toon assist you, as per the video.

Your confusion on these keys is that, by default, SWTOR has "Alt+T" configured as the Assist key binding. In the video, I explain that, AND that I will NOT be using this default. Later in the video it shows where I change the keys for both Follow and Assist, to F7 and F8. No Alt+T for ISBoxer.

but did not ATTACK at all

I'm not going to make any assumptions here.... when are you expecting it to attack?

Pressing Alt+A should just pick up the target. (It's not going to do any attacking by doing that part.)
If you have Key Maps turned on, then by default the Hotkeys 1 through = will broadcast to the other window. If you're pressing OTHER KEYS and expect your other toon to attack, those keys need to be added -- which can be done via the Mapped Key Wizard.

Return to Star Wars: The Old Republic