FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

ISBoxer 41 to 42, not working now

Moderator: MiRai

<<

Medvega

Post Mon Oct 17, 2016 1:50 am

ISBoxer 41 to 42, not working now

Greetings,

There is something wrong now with SWTOR after I ve updated from 41rev to 42.
Characters don't follow, don't assist etc. Before 42 everything was great, now I'm completely lost in all these new settings, and as a newcomer I don't have a hope to solve it myself.

Am I alone, or s1 else lost their hope to figure out how to set up a simple test build for SWTOR? :(
Can we have a new guide for 42 @ least pls?

Thank you.
<<

lax

Site Admin

Post Mon Oct 17, 2016 8:14 am

Re: ISBoxer 41 to 42, not working now

Hello!

First of all, it would help to see your configuration in order to know what is wrong in your configuration. http://isboxer.com/wiki/Configuration_Sharing In order to move forward helping you this will be required...

Secondly, the ISBoxer 41 follow/assist mode is still there, and in fact is selected for you by default for SWTOR. "Target current Slot, then Follow/Assist Target". The only problem I see right off hand is that the targeting table is filled out for you, which is going to be incorrect for SWTOR.
<<

Medvega

Post Mon Oct 17, 2016 10:50 am

Here is my QSetup + configuration: http://pastebin.com/nreLNK7d
It's just the one w/o any changes actually, only alt + gr & follow/assist. Thats it.

Same config worked fine with 41.

fsetup.png
fsetup.png (123.39 KiB) Viewed 15102 times
Last edited by Medvega on Mon Oct 17, 2016 11:02 am, edited 1 time in total.
<<

lax

Site Admin

Post Mon Oct 17, 2016 10:57 am

As expected,
The only problem I see right off hand is that the targeting table is filled out for you, which is going to be incorrect for SWTOR.

The part where it says each character can target the others with F1, F2, F3, F4, is incorrect for SWTOR. Your characters cannot press those keys to target the correct other character. As you had to do with ISBoxer 41 in the past, you must still put in the correct keys with ISBoxer 42 for SWTOR.

If it makes it less confusing for you, I would suggest using the Follow/Assist Mode drop-down to set up one of the simpler options -- for example if the game has a button to just target the party leader, you can use the corresponding Party Leader (Main Character) option in ISBoxer 42, and set up fewer keys...
<<

Medvega

Post Mon Oct 17, 2016 11:27 am

lax wrote:As expected,
The only problem I see right off hand is that the targeting table is filled out for you, which is going to be incorrect for SWTOR.

The part where it says each character can target the others with F1, F2, F3, F4, is incorrect for SWTOR. Your characters cannot press those keys to target the correct other character. As you had to do with ISBoxer 41 in the past, you must still put in the correct keys with ISBoxer 42 for SWTOR.

What about F1, F2, F3, F4. I don't see anything wrong with them, they look correct for me. I'm sorry :(
<<

lax

Site Admin

Post Mon Oct 17, 2016 11:39 am

SWTOR does not use the same order in every window when you are in the party, as is the assumption when this table is filled out for you by ISBoxer (every other game does it this way).

You have to actually go into the game, get into party, and find out which character needs to press which between F2 F3 and F4, to target the others. This is explained in the ISBoxer 41 SWTOR walkthrough video from 2014 -- https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VPc9pBj-47k -- the major difference now is you see the table without switching to another tab...
<<

Medvega

Post Mon Oct 17, 2016 12:46 pm

Ok, for 4 characters(full party) I ve changed default setup to:

char1 f1.f2.f3.f4
char2 f4.f1.f2.f3
char3 f4.f2.f1.f3
char4 f4.f2.f3.f1

Targeting work good now.

However, in 42 if I press X(follow) or Z(assist) - they don't work, in 41 it worked. I think I'm missing something here too, right?

Ok, solved.
Thanks for the help, it's just a lil bit complecated for me atm. Alot of keybindings and tabs :D

Return to Star Wars: The Old Republic