FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

swtor hangs upon startup

Moderator: MiRai

<<

Salion920

Post Sat Oct 01, 2016 10:46 pm

swtor hangs upon startup

Please help!

I haven't played SWTOR or used ISBoxer in a year or two, and I'm just coming back to it. Since I last used it, I've gotten a new hard drive and upgraded to Windows 10 64-bit.

I've just installed both SWTOR and ISBoxer fresh. Running SWTOR alone, both accounts work fine on their own. When trying to open it via ISBoxer/InnerSpace, it hangs immediately after launcher closes. The loading background pops up and then nothing else happens, except that after a bit the music sometimes starts. The launcher for my 2nd character never appears.

Here's what the console shows:

[console] [`] Command (Release): console "toggle"

/====================================================
|
| 20:50:33 ISBoxer: Settings imported from ISBoxerToolkit.GeneralSettings.XML
| 20:50:33 ISBoxer: Adding ISBoxer Character Sets menu
| 20:50:33 ISBoxer: Adding Character Set 'swtor LS GG 2man sent_cons'
| 20:50:33 ISBoxer: Instructions completed.
|
\====================================================
There are 0 Inner Space files available for patching.

|
| 20:50:57 ISBoxer: Settings imported from ISBoxerToolkit.GeneralSettings.XML
| 20:50:57 ISBoxer: Adding ISBoxer Character Sets menu
| 20:50:57 ISBoxer: Adding Character Set 'swtor LS GG 2man sent_cons'
| 20:50:57 ISBoxer: Instructions completed.
|

|
| 20:51:00 ISBoxer: Preparing to launch Character Set 'swtor LS GG 2man sent_cons'
| 20:51:00 ISBoxer: Settings imported from ISBoxerToolkit.GeneralSettings.XML
| 20:51:00 ISBoxer: Making sure Characters in Character Set 'swtor LS GG 2man sent_cons' are
valid...
| 20:51:00 ISBoxer: Good!
| 20:51:00 ISBoxer: Launching Character Set 'swtor LS GG 2man sent_cons' all slots...
| 20:51:00 ISBoxer: Launching Slot 1 Character 'swtor1'
Successfully executed '"C:\Program Files (x86)\Electronic Arts\BioWare\Star Wars-The Old
Republic\launcher.exe"'.
Session name 'Star Wars - The Old Republic8476' accepted for process C:\Program Files
(x86)\Electronic Arts\BioWare\Star Wars-The Old Republic\launcher.exe
Session name 'is50' accepted for process C:\Program Files (x86)\Electronic Arts\BioWare\Star
Wars-The Old Republic\launcher.exe
Session launched (is50): "C:/Program Files (x86)/Electronic Arts/BioWare/Star Wars-The Old
Republic/launcher.exe"
Session name 'Star Wars - The Old Republic7412' accepted for process C:\Program Files
(x86)\Electronic Arts\BioWare\Star Wars-The Old Republic\swtor\retailclient\swtor.exe
Session name 'is51' accepted for process C:\Program Files (x86)\Electronic Arts\BioWare\Star
Wars-The Old Republic\swtor\retailclient\swtor.exe
Session name 'Star Wars - The Old Republic8056' accepted for process C:\Program Files
(x86)\Electronic Arts\BioWare\Star Wars-The Old Republic\swtor\retailclient\swtor.exe
Session name 'is1' accepted for process C:\Program Files (x86)\Electronic Arts\BioWare\Star
Wars-The Old Republic\swtor\retailclient\swtor.exe
| 20:54:00 ISBoxer: Character from Set 'swtor LS GG 2man sent_cons' not fully launched
after 3 minutes. Select again to continue launching additional slots.
| 20:54:00 ISBoxer: Instructions completed.
|

Things I've checked based on reading these forums:
1) all my launcher.settings files do list ' "bitraider_disable": true '
2) I'm manually running the 64-bit version of InnerSpace from within the "x64" folder

Please let me know what else to try, or if there's any other information I can share to help diagnose.

edit:
Weirdly, I found a random website during a google search that recommended I hit Alt+Enter, and it seems to make SWTOR on ISBoxer work! Still don't know why, and it's a bit awkward to load.
<<

bob

League of Extraordinary Multiboxers

Post Sun Oct 02, 2016 1:12 am

Re: swtor hangs upon startup

Salion920 wrote:Weirdly, I found a random website during a google search that recommended I hit Alt+Enter, and it seems to make SWTOR on ISBoxer work! Still don't know why, and it's a bit awkward to load.

If I recall rightly, and I may not, it is mentioned on another post that SWTOR has a habit of ignoring the window settings of the game on each alternate launch, so character 1 might be ok, and character 2 will go Full Screen, or vs. Even when you ensure each is set to the correct setting by editing the config files first, it still does it, in that the first will honor the setting, the second will not, the third will, the fourth will not, etc....

So you will probably be forever doing the ALT+Enter thing. Apparently it is a SWTOR thing, and not related to Inner Space/ISBoxer.

p.s. As I said, I may be thinking of another game, but it really kinda just screams SWTOR in my head.
<<

Salion920

Post Sun Oct 02, 2016 10:48 am

That sounds familiar with my own experience, where the settings for fullscreen/windowed/fullscreen-windowed were inconsistent when I log into the game by itself or between different instances when logged into isboxer. Does anyone know if one of those settings is preferred for ISBoxer?
<<

bob

League of Extraordinary Multiboxers

Post Sun Oct 02, 2016 2:11 pm

Windowed or Fullscreen Windowed are the preferred settings. ISBoxer forces the game to be windowed regardless of the setting, but if the game thinks it is in Full Screen then it may not behave nicely.

Return to Star Wars: The Old Republic