FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

3MAY2016 Patch, One Instance Only

Moderator: MiRai

<<

DivDevlin

Post Tue May 03, 2016 12:26 pm

3MAY2016 Patch, One Instance Only

Hey all,

Was maybe looking for some support for SW:TOR after their patch on 3MAY2016.
Dio was testing some work arounds in chat room, but after the game's patch when trying to load from Innerspace getting the message only one instance of the game is allowed.

It has been working great for the past couple of weeks so the game changed something.

Any help is appreciated!

Thanks!
<<

diophantus

Post Tue May 03, 2016 12:46 pm

Re: 3MAY2016 Patch, One Instance Only

I have not found a fix to this yet but I have tried to recreate the entire profile again. For instance, I have remove everything from ISBoxer and removed the game from Inner Space.
Recreated from scratch and it still will only allow one instance. However, I do show that there are two processes of swtor.exe.

Also, I receive now a error message that states:

Internal error... (Message header box)
ABORT: Pointer is NULL
(.\shared\hashtbl.c/128)

One client will run fine even with a Character Set of 2 toons just the other account won't launch.
<<

lax

Site Admin

Post Tue May 03, 2016 1:38 pm

Thanks guys, I'm patching up and will see what's going on.

I received an e-mail from someone else that says "Hello, it works acutally, but just takes much longer to reflect, about 10 mins before it can be launched, so still have some kind of problem, please check it, thanks" -- I'm not entirely sure what he meant by that yet, but maybe that will help one of you as I work on it.
<<

lax

Site Admin

Post Tue May 03, 2016 1:43 pm

Before I even patch the game, my launcher is updated and now I am getting this message from the launcher, after having closed the launcher, without even running Inner Space. It appears that the SWTOR launcher is currently hanging open after it has been closed. (Again, this is without even using Inner Space.) I believe this may be a bug with the current (new) version of the SWTOR launcher, as I'm experiencing every issue described in this thread before I can even get the game to patch, and I'm not even to the point of launching it with Inner Space or ISBoxer!

You may be able to work around the issue by opening Task Manager (Ctrl+Shift+Escape), find "launcher.exe" in the Details tab and use End Task to terminate it. After doing so, you should be able to continue launching your team again -- just select it for launch.

On a side note, ISBoxer 2 (currently in Alpha, available to ISBoxer beta testers) should already work around this issue by terminating the launcher for you. :)
<<

diophantus

Post Tue May 03, 2016 4:52 pm

This is how it worked for me:

I would suggest the following:

Change the option "Launch each Character X.X seconds after another is ready" in the General tab under your Character Set.
Set this to atleast 3.0

Next right-click your Character Set team and select "Launch" from ISBoxer

The game should launch > type your password > click Login > click the Play button

After the game has launched, right-click your taskbar in Windows and select "Start Task Manager"
In Windows 8.x / 10 you will need to click the arrow in the bottom left for details
If you have Windows 7 you do not need to do this
click on the tab called Processes.
you should see a process called launcher.exe *32
right-click on that and select "End Process" NOT "End Process Tree"
If you do End Process Tree it will also close the game

The process should close and the other login box (launcher.exe) will open (again).
Login with your other account(s)

You will need to do these steps for every toon you want to box.

See you in-game more than once!
<<

DivDevlin

Post Fri May 06, 2016 4:41 pm

Hey all, thanks all for the support.

The game had a mini-patch and now there are no issues with the launcher remaining in task manager.

Thanks again!

Return to Star Wars: The Old Republic