FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

Can't launch 2nd account

Moderator: MiRai

<<

vengesunsoar

Post Sat Feb 20, 2016 5:54 pm

Can't launch 2nd account

Hmm did something change between last night and today. I've been using Isboxer for a couple years now and even last night I was able to launch both instances of swtor through Isboxer. Today though the 2nd won't launch, a pop comes on and leaves very quickly so can't quite read what it's saying but I'm sure I saw the words "unable to launch a 2nd instance" or something like that anyway.

Any ideas?
<<

bob

League of Extraordinary Multiboxers

Post Sat Feb 20, 2016 6:07 pm

Re: Can't launch 2nd account

The most obvious choice is that the launcher is not fully closed before the second toon launches. What changed? Probably nothing, and your PC is having a go slow. You can increase the time between character launches by setting the option on your character set. The default is 1 second. You might consider bumping it to 5 or something.

Failing that, you can always just reattempt to launch your team after the first one is running, and ISBoxer will fill in any missing characters.
<<

vengesunsoar

Post Sat Feb 20, 2016 6:10 pm

Yes I've done both. Launched while the character is loading, when the character is loaded and relaunched I keep getting the same message can't launch 2nd something or other. Hmm. Thanks though.

I'll wait a few minutes after the character is in and see if that changes.
-
Caught a bit more that time. Unable to create temporary workspace file I think it said.
<<

bob

League of Extraordinary Multiboxers

Post Sat Feb 20, 2016 6:20 pm

It is possible it is not the issue. Although you might need to check that the launcher process is actually closing down. Task Manager is good for that.

Other than that, there is nothing I know of that changed with ISBoxer/InnerSpace in the last 10 hours or so (well actually a few weeks at least), so that would leave a game change, or something else on your computer, or maybe even some changed configuration in your ISBoxer profile.

It might be worth getting a diagnostic in case there is something in it.

/edit:
vengesunsoar wrote:Caught a bit more that time. Unable to create temporary workspace file I think it said.
that might be a lack of space or permissions, although it would seem a bit weird.
<<

vengesunsoar

Post Sat Feb 20, 2016 6:23 pm

It worked now. I restarted and I'm guessing some windows updates not fully updated were the issue. Windows did a patching thing and now isboxer is as good as ever.

Thanks.

Return to Star Wars: The Old Republic