FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

swtor mouse wheel issues

Moderator: MiRai

<<

Arkailia

Post Mon Dec 21, 2015 10:07 am

swtor mouse wheel issues

Hey lax could you or someone else take a peek at SWTOR, ran into a scroll wheel issue, normal launch of swtor no innerspace, everything works fine, but launched from inner space only zoom in and out works, i'm unable to scroll menus or chat,, i'm still diagnosing the issue but you might find it faster than i can
<<

Arkailia

Post Mon Dec 21, 2015 9:12 pm

Re: swtor mouse wheel issues

ok i've tested four diferent mice now, re installed is boxer reinstalled mouse software etc,, seems something funky is going on with mouse scroll between inner space and swtor. zoom works fine but with all mice its like it doesnt see the menus or chat windows and just zooms camera instead of scrolling menus and text. shrugs i'mout of ideas
<<

Arkailia

Post Tue Dec 22, 2015 6:06 am

ok i found the solution and it is strange, i went to the innerspace configuration console, in game i locked forground. in the game profile i checked force windowed. i ran the swtor default profile and lo and behold i got my menu and chat scrolling back from there i copy pasted the client_settings.ini file ober my slot client_settings.ini now i'm golden. took me a while and i probably needed fresh installs of everything anyway but at least if someone else runs into this issue they can try my fix instead of banging their head against the desk for 3 days
happy gamming and as always thank you lax for an awsome product, i just gota be smart enuf to use it
<<

lax

Site Admin

Post Tue Dec 22, 2015 9:56 am

ok i found the solution and it is strange, i went to the innerspace configuration console, in game i locked forground. in the game profile i checked force windowed.

Lock Foreground is the same as "Make game believe it is foreground window" in your ISBoxer Character Set.
Force Windowed is forced on by ISBoxer if you have a Window Layout, and more than one Character assigned to your Set; this is something ISBoxer MUST do for you, because if the game is set to fullscreen mode more than one instance CANNOT be launched.

There's no reason to adjust those settings in Inner Space itself. Likewise if you go looking at FPS limiting options in Inner Space's configuration window, those are overridden by settings in ISBoxer too.

Presumably if what you did made a difference, the "Make game believe it is foreground window" option is off in your Character Set. This option is enabled by default for SWTOR, by the Quick Setup Wizard.

Otherwise I would guess that the problem just happened to be solved/worked around by whatever else you did (e.g. close and restart the game or different windowed mode setting in the game as per your client_settings.ini)

Return to Star Wars: The Old Republic