FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

No audio on second instance

Moderator: MiRai

<<

Enoah35

Post Fri Oct 23, 2015 12:37 pm

No audio on second instance

Hello,

I am duo boxing with ISBoxer and followed the youtube instructions (the latest one https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VPc9pBj-47k). I have an issue of the second instance not having any audio at all.
I have not enabled the Mute background game window audio and un-Mute foreground window audio. However even enabling this, when I change instance the audio on the second character is still off. No matter if I readjust on the game/window. I am on windows 8.1. The configuration on ISBoxer is exactly the same as instructed in the youtube video.

I am sure its something really silly that I am missing. But I can't find out what is causing this. Both ingame config has the Enable sound while on background on.
<<

bob

League of Extraordinary Multiboxers

Post Fri Oct 23, 2015 1:00 pm

Re: No audio on second instance

You might need to unmute it in Windows...
<<

Enoah35

Post Fri Oct 23, 2015 1:43 pm

I already tried that. In the mixer it has 4 sessions of SWTOR, 2 from isboxer and 2 from don't know where. Unmuting everything and it still had no sound.
<<

bob

Post Fri Oct 23, 2015 4:12 pm

What window size are you using in game? If you are using FullScreen then that might cause a problem. "Fullscreen (Windowed)" or "Windowed" should be good.
<<

Enoah35

Post Fri Oct 23, 2015 7:11 pm

Sorry for the late reply. I am using 2560x1440. 2nd monitor is 1600x1200. Got my main screen as monitor 1, and second as monitor 2. Both are using Full Screen (windowed).
Could the resolution be the issue? What I have not tried is make both windowed, which I could try now.
<<

bob

Post Fri Oct 23, 2015 7:28 pm

It was in reference that Fullscreen option is also called exclusive mode, which is why I was asking, and sometimes programs in exclusive mode get exclusive access to devices. Windowed and Windowed Fullscreen/Fullscreen (Windowed) are both windowed, so they wouldn't get the same potential treatment. Not that it seems to be the case.
<<

Enoah35

Post Fri Oct 23, 2015 8:06 pm

Still nothing. Its wierd, I never had this issue when I had Windows 7.
<<

lax

Site Admin

Post Sat Oct 24, 2015 8:23 am

Enoah35 wrote:I already tried that. In the mixer it has 4 sessions of SWTOR, 2 from isboxer and 2 from don't know where. Unmuting everything and it still had no sound.

SWTOR is extremely unique in its design such that there are 2 SWTOR processes running for each instance of the game. One of the processes is basically just for rendering.

But, if the in-game volume setting is not muted/low and the Windows Mixer is not muted/low then I don't know what to suggest. ISBoxer does not directly affect any of the game's audio, it will only mute (e.g. with the Character Set option) or adjust the volume via the Windows Mixer.
<<

Enoah35

Post Sun Oct 25, 2015 10:58 am

Thanks for the replies. Although its still the issue is not fixed, I have decided to play with identical class so that I don't miss anything. It is a strange thing since when I played before (about 2 years back) I never had this issue (only difference I can think of is that I had a windows 7, and Swtor was installed via DVD instead of direct download). Regardless will post if I somehow fix this.
<<

bollwerk

Post Sun Oct 25, 2015 1:20 pm

I'm having the same problem. Very strange. Haven't yet figured out how to fix it.

Edit -
Aaaaand I solved it.

In Windows, I had to open the "Volume Mixer". Turns out my other instances were muted for some unknown reason.
Next

Return to Star Wars: The Old Republic