FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

Assist issue after combat starts

Moderator: MiRai

<<

somegent

Post Sun Jun 14, 2015 1:24 pm

Assist issue after combat starts

Hi! I've got two characters running, and I'm seeing weird behavior when I try to Assist.

If my main window has an enemy targeted and combat has not yet begun, and I hit assist, the second character gets that target.
If combat has begun, the second character just targets the main character.

I know I can change my setup to a two step Target then Assist, but I'd prefer to have it done in one step.

Anyone have any ideas?
<<

MiRai

Vibrant Videographer

Post Sun Jun 14, 2015 6:59 pm

Re: Assist issue after combat starts

somegent wrote:I know I can change my setup to a two step Target then Assist, but I'd prefer to have it done in one step.

I can't give you a reason for why something only works out of combat, especially since I've never played SWTOR, but I'm pretty sure that the Wizard-created Mapped Key for assist in ISBoxer, while two steps, technically executes in a single press and release of the key since that is what it's assigned to do by default.

My only suggestion (again, as someone who doesn't play SWTOR) would be to revert to the default-style Mapped Key of having Target on Step 1, Assist on Step 2, and allowing the Mapped Key to execute when pressed or released.

Perhaps someone has a better answer than I do, though.
<<

somegent

Post Sun Jun 14, 2015 9:20 pm

Are you saying that if I have the mapped key set to Press or Release then pressing will do one step and releasing will do the second? If so, that's great and I'll try it.
<<

MiRai

Vibrant Videographer

Post Sun Jun 14, 2015 10:05 pm

somegent wrote:Are you saying that if I have the mapped key set to Press or Release then pressing will do one step and releasing will do the second? If so, that's great and I'll try it.

That is exactly what I'm saying. :)

Return to Star Wars: The Old Republic