FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

Fat Graphics issue with portrait monitor

Moderator: MiRai

<<

bob

League of Extraordinary Multiboxers

Post Sun May 31, 2015 8:33 pm

Re: Fat Graphics issue with portrait monitor

With your SOLO window layout, under the Swap Groups, try setting a Active/Reset region. At the moment it has none so the game is choosing which monitor to start up on and then it is being set to the main display. The RESET region will determine the startup monitor.

Not that this applies to the other Window Layouts, so it may just be that SWTOR is doing something, or that the two orientations are causing the oddity, although I'm sure I've seen videos with people using an LP setup before.

Also, make sure the SWTOR settings are not set to FullScreen, and if it has a display setting make sure it is on the correct one.

edit:
If you like files (well you may need to use them anyway) you can have a look in \Users\(user name)\AppData\Local\SWTOR\swtor\settings for the client_settings-[charname].ini file(s), and check out the RENDERER section.
Make sure the below settings are correct
Width = 1920
Height = 1080
WindowX = 0
WindowY = 0
NativeWidth = 1920
NativeHeight = 1080

and probably make sure the following settings are:
D3DFullScreen = false
Fullscreen = false

edit2:
and there is a Graphics_mirror.ini

If it has a [Settings] section with a Graphics_Resolution option make sure it is set to

[Settings]
Graphics_Resolution = 1920×1080
<<

Rustyboxer

Post Sun May 31, 2015 9:50 pm

Changing the active/reset region didn't help. And as you noted, that's already set in the other layouts which is where I first noticed the problem. :(

I have no problem ripping into the guts as I've got 20+ years experience doing so. ;)

I checked those files and the settings are all correct. 1920 width, 1080 height. There was no GraphicsResolution setting in the Graphics_Mirror.ini file so I tried adding that line with no luck.

The other main thread that I saw with Fat Graphics had a P-L-L setup. Mine is L-P

It just seems to me that it's something with the graphics engine initialization with SWTOR since it works when the 2nd monitor is in landscape when the game starts loading after pressing play on the launcher. Changing it back to portrait after that first few seconds at the loading screen causes no problems and graphics are fine.

I went through a lot to find this simple solution... replaced HDMI cables, swapped the order of the monitors, swapped which cable went to which monitor, ripped all monitor settings out of the registry, reinstalled graphics drivers.... I haven't tried back-leveling drivers yet, but I can try that if it's deemed necessary.

Rusty
<<

bob

League of Extraordinary Multiboxers

Post Mon Jun 01, 2015 5:46 am

Idk; this post viewtopic.php?p=8045#p8045 is from 2012, and the "fix" (more a workaround) as suggested is to rotate the monitor back to landscape, so I'm not sure anything you backlevel will help.

I can't turn my monitors and get a workable setup where I don't have to turn my head around to try this. Maybe I'm doing something wrong.

Anyway, none of which helps you. It may be something that needs to be looked into deeper in the internals of IS/ISB. I assume that you don't get this issue when launching SWTOR outside of IS/ISB.
<<

WARwaaagh

Post Tue Jun 02, 2015 10:43 am

Greeting!

I had the similar issue before, but after couple switches and tests, now all fine. I had 3 monitors, main screen(center) is 29" 21:9, and both side screen are 24" 16:9, resolution both are 1080p. It was one of instance's had fat graphic, no matter which screen I switched, just that instance had issue. Remember when you click File -> Export all to Inner Space, if your Window layouts set to Fullscreen(window), Inner Space will forced to change the window mode. I ticked NO. Then login game, only Main screen on fullscreen(window mode, 2560x1080), other 2 side screen are set to window mode only, but the resolution both are 2560x1080. Here is the screenshot of my window layouts. They all look like both are 21:9 :D :D
1.PNG
1.PNG (2.02 KiB) Viewed 6041 times

I made center screen for main dispaly, thanks for the software name UltraMon, help me to move the task bar to right side screen and not move back to main when the computer turn on. So I can use full screen on main screen. Wish can help other!
Previous

Return to Star Wars: The Old Republic